Truing grinder wheels

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowchaser

What is a good tool to true grinder wheels with. I didn't get the one that comes with my wolverine jig. Just kind of running out of cash and need something that will work, but not break me.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

You don't need the wolverine, just get an hand held diamond wheel facer. I picked one up for about 20 bucks. I don't remember where, but I'm sure you can find one.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by toolcrazy
<br />You don't need the wolverine, just get an hand held diamond wheel facer. I picked one up for about 20 bucks. I don't remember where, but I'm sure you can find one.

Steve, if he means truing an out of round wheeel,what you describe isn't quite that easy. To true an out of round, the dressing tool must be held, firmly, in a fixed position so as to only contact the high spots on the wheel. Hand holding won't accomplish that. There are jigs on the market that will hold the dressing tool but they are expensive. Might be the best solution is to just buy a new wheel.

cowchaser

No, not out of round. Just have read through my research that from time to time you need to dress the wheel. So basically was just looking for a cheap wheel dresser. I think I found one at woodcraft for about 10 bucks or so. Thanks for the help guys.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by cowchaser
<br />No, not out of round. Just have read through my research that from time to time you need to dress the wheel. So basically was just looking for a cheap wheel dresser. I think I found one at woodcraft for about 10 bucks or so. Thanks for the help guys.

OK, that black aggregate material works fine. Makes a mess but, so what?

M

Mudder

http://woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=223&productid=11N51

Of the 3 shown on this page I would recommend either B or C.

I know the star wheel type have been used for years but I think the other 2 are a better choice.

GBusardo

Originally posted by Mudder
<br />http://woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=223&productid=11N51

Of the 3 shown on this page I would recommend either B or C.

I know the star wheel type have been used for years but I think the other 2 are a better choice.

I got "C" and it works great [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom