tormek new model t-7

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

drayman

hi all, just to let you know if anyone is about to purchase a new tormek, well there is a new model. the t-7 comes with 7 years warranty. its better built and comes with upgraded extras. check it out at www.tormek.se

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred

When you purchase the Tormek, be sure to check out their packaged deals. The prices are better if one buys the machine with Tormek's packaged accessories vs. buying separate ones. The "newer" tool angle setting tool is really a vast improvement over the one that comes with the machine.

Their demo videdeo says the tools can be sharpened in 60 seconds ... you best expect a bit longer time until you become very accustomed to using the machine. Scary sharp takes on a new meaning when achieved with the Tormek.

I like the machine for one simple reason right up front ... that being the fact that there is far less tool steel removed from our expensive tools when compaired to the greater amount when using a 'regular' grinding wheel. Grinding is very different when one is attempting to sharpen their tools. The edge achieved when grinding is equal to the edge obtained from the Tormek, but more metal is quite often removed to achieve the same sharp edge.

If the user keeps the wheel 'dressed up' level with the diamond wheel dressing tool, then an edge of very keen sharpness is achieved with very little wear to the tool. [:D]

drayman

mark, i have used the tormek for 4 yers and it the dogs wotsits, like fred says, super sharp and you dont remove as much steel, so your tools lasts longer. [^][^][:D][:D] regards colin.

Ligget

Originally posted by drayman
<br />mark, i have used the tormek for 4 yers and it the dogs wotsits, like fred says, super sharp and you dont remove as much steel, so your tools lasts longer. [^][^][:D][:D] regards colin.

Thanks Colin, guess what I want from Santa now![:p]

drayman

its a bit like the bmw showroom if you want a discount go to a ford dealer, but you can still get the tormek in sales now and again.[V]

rhahnfl

I was looking at it in my new Woodcraft catalog. They had the Tormek 2006 right above it with a breakdown of different packages that you could get for various things ie turning, carving, hand tools etc. The T7 however, seemed to be bundled with a bunch already. My question is do you still need to buy the other stuff too and will the 2006 stuff work with the T7? It wasn't real clear. Guess if my laser for my drill press comes in I'll have to spend a little time at Woodcraft and look at it a little closer. Either one isn't cheap but a wicked sharp tool is a good thing indeed.

its_virgil

...and the price is going up by $100. Several places should be lowering the price of the current model.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by drayman
<br />hi all, just to let you know if anyone is about to purchase a new tormek, well there is a new model. the t-7 comes with 7 years warranty. its better built and comes with upgraded extras. check it out at www.tormek.se

drayman

hi chris, ALL tormek jigs can be used on any tormek grinder. if you do a lot of turning then the wood turners bundle is what you need, if you do cabinet making then the cabinet makers bundle is for you, but if you are a turner get the turners bundle and then buy the other jigs as and when needed. hope this helps. take a look here www.tormek.se regards colin.

nwcatman

well..........i jumped off the deep end and ordered a t-7. anyone know where i can get the TNT 708 and HTK 705 accessory kits? all i hear is "huh"? when i call various suppliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom