Tool rest not staying locked tight

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

karlkuehn

Banned
Hey guys. On that new Rikon mini that I bought, I'm having trouble with the tool rest loosening. When I set it in place and lock the cam lever thing down, it's started 'floating' back into the locked position. As soon as I tighten it down, it just moves back up on it's own.

Any ideas what I can do to fix it? I've tried tightening the little nut holding the clamp/lock washer on the bottom, no dice. should I loosen it some to allow the handle to be in the full 'down' position (bringing the cam to it's highest 'locked' point?

Seems weird that it would just start doing it all of a sudden.

Thanks for any help and ideas. :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

karlkuehn

Banned
Ahhh. Answered my own question. loosening the nut worked, allowing the cam to come closer to it's highest position before locking tight. I would've thought that the nut would loosen over time, not tighten.

Ah well, lesson learned. Seems like sometimes it helps to get out of the shop before you start throwing things and start typing something to help analyze the problem. [:p]

Rifleman1776

Learning new tools can be a frustrating experience. What you just learned is pretty basic to most lathes. I had an [explitive deleted] time learning all the adjustments when I first got my bandsaw. Part of the process. Carry on. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom