Thoughts on this forum.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Well, after getting some favorable feedback on the idea for this forum, I decided to give it a try. A couple thoughts on making this run smoothly.

We want to see photos of your shop layout, how you set up your penturning area, your storage systems for tools, supplies, and lumber, etc. We even want to see YOU covered with sawdust. Photos of pens should still go in the Show Off Your Pens forum or in your photo album.

Create a new topic with a descriptive name to show us your photos. Something like "Jeff's Shop" or "Storage of Pen Parts in Jeff's Shop". So we can keep things straight, don't post your pictures inside someone else's thread. Try to keep your photos to no more than 640 pixels in the widest dimension and under 150K. Feel free to start a thread and add to it over time.

Make sure you tell us what we're looking at!

Click the paperclip next to the words "Insert an Image File" to choose pictures to upload.

Have Fun!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Thanks for this forum Jeff. I just finished building a new work bench yesterday. Now I have a place to show it off. Perfect timing. We always show each other our finished products and we give feedback on the pens, but I think it is nice to get ideas on how to organize your shop. Again, thanks for this forum and all of the hard work you put into making this site what it is.

tipusnr

Will take some photos of my "so called" shop as soon as I get to get in it! So many commitments right now. Off to the local Rockler's to turn pens!! Not that I'm really complaining just always amazed that people want to use me and my techniques as an example.

Howard Herin

I appreciate the organization shown in those shops having less space. I used to have quite a bit of space,(still do if you just measure the perimeter) but try to have a pen shop, cabinet shop, etc etc etc. I have found great use of old postal letter carrier sorting cases. They were to be replaced in our office some years ago, and I was able to get 22 of them by bidding $3.00 each for the lot. Gives a lot of organizational ability, but you CAN try to make too much of everything.
. Maybe I can take a couple of pics to get some feedback nextime.
Thanks for listening
Howie

jkirkb94

Good ideas on expanding the forum. I have learned so much about turning pens here and hope to find ideas on what I can do to improve my shop. Here's a repost of how I store my bushings and some of my blanks and pen kits. Kirk [8D]

2004112304046_dscn0685.jpg
<br />

View attachment 2004112304055_dscn0686.jpg<br />

Mike_O

Jeff,
Great forum!!! I love looking through and getting new ideas for the small space that I have. I hope to get some pics up over the holidays of my humble shop.

Cheers,

Mike O'Brien

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom