TBC Bushings

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBCbushings

Here are some bushings I made and use myself . There's been a lot of discussions about these bushings and just wanted to post some that I have.

ForumRunner_20140925_215643.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

The wee beasties look good. Well on my phone they do anyway. I have a bunch of 17-4 and 15-5 parts we rejected for being out of tolerance. I scooped them up for just that kind of project. How is that stuff to turn? Carbide or HSS tool bits? My large is a 13x37" so I think heaven enough but have to ask anyway. :)

Forgot to mention, heat treated to 180 Ksi.

Last edited:

TBCbushings

That stuff turns great...i wad just trying different things to see if it was better..got the same results either way...i use carbide...

JCochrun

I've been trying to find some to make bolt action pens. I've got some for comfort, slimline, and executive. Can't find the bolt action ones though. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jim

OKLAHOMAN

Les, you are right but with good TBC bushings that fit the tubes without any play and the right diameter it will do a better job and eliminate OOR. Just like in my 1965 Chevelle regular gas with ethanol will work and get me to my destination but super high test without make it run much better:biggrin:
You don't need bushings to TBC.

Les

Dan Masshardt

If the small end of the bushings I referenced fit inside the tube for a bolt-action and you use a 60° drive center and 60° live tail stock center, what's the problem. Not that I pretend to be an expert.

It can and does work but it's not the same. I'm not dissing reg bushings per se, but the request was for tbc bushings which the pennstate ones are not.

There have been copious discussions, but several factors are involved. Just a couple are that the tbc bushings are longer inside the tube, are made from better quality steel, often has less play and most of all have 60 degree chamfers cut in them.

When you use stock bushings as I do when necessary, there is very very little contact area between the centers and the bushings Using a center drill on stock bushings helps this.

Top Bottom