Table Saw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

darrenjttu

I am a new turner but not new to woodworking. I need a table saw and need some suggestions from some experts. My price range is 200-$300 and I just want something that will suit my needs. I dont need any contractor saws but I want something that will last. I have been looking at the JET 15 AMP 10 in but am curious if 15 AMP is enough power.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toolcrazy

I have a Delta that I bought several years ago. It is 15amp 10" and it seems to have all the power I've ever needed. If I remember right, I paid $200 to $300 for mine more than 10 years ago. And today, I don't think you can get more than a bench top for that price. A quick look at Amazon, contractor saws like mine sell for the $500 to $800 price tag.

Woodlvr

I have the Ridgid Table saw and it is pretty good once you get it set up. Also there warranty is great. JMHO though.

Mike

BDKS

I have used a Craftsman 10 in table saw for about 5 years without problems. It is similar to the one in link below. The only difference is mine has a larger table with the stamped steel surface on either side of the cast metal.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00924884000P?keyword=table+saw

Bobby

Firefyter-emt

Yea, don't over look some of the old belt driven saws. My 1950's Craftsman is a workhorse with a 1hp 110v/220v motor. I paid $75 for it with a ton of blades, inserts, and jigs. My only upgrade would to be a modern fence. Put some money into a realy good rip fence and the old belt driven cast iron saws can run circles around some of the new direct drive junk.
Mine needs a better rip fence and one of these days I will start in on a larger rolling station with a provision for a router station. But this saw will slice thru 8/4 hardwood like its luan! [:D]

1226071.jpg

Woodlvr

Lee you are a "Showoff"[;)] That is one beautiful saw, great work on it. By the by my Ridgid is belt driven.[:eek:)]LOL

Mike

Firefyter-emt

Mike, that thing is pristine 1950's condition original. I only took it apart, cleaned it and painted the underside of the top and the webbing on the side extensions. The rest of the saw is original right down the the stand that it's on. Well, I did rewire it, added a better switch and replaced the bearings on the motor. Just minor stuff, but I can't wait until it's on a nice stand with some storage compartments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom