Super Tool Gloat! & a Nice Surprise from Jeff!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thumbs

I just got my centering vise from Paul Huffman. :D:D:D Wow! :D:D:D:D The rest of you guys who don't have one of these should be kickin' your own backsides! I have had both models offered by Cs-USA/WoodCraft and the PSI style. I much preferred the PSI model over the C/W style but this leaves them all in the sawdust! It is solid! It has one side totally free and clear for blank placement and extraction. It opens up to almost 3 inches for those really big blanks, too! And is just as stable wide open as it is completely closed!

In my opinion, this may cost a good deal more than the other vises; but I think anybody that has one will agree it's worth is a great deal more than the others. I wish it were cheaper, but I won't sell mine for twice what I paid for it! (Unless Paul has two more ready to deliver to me for the same price as I already paid![}:)];))

THANKS, PAUL!!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Thumbs

Dario, Somebody already asked for it. Contact me in a week or so. If I don't have that request confirmed, we'll talk.[:)]

Dario

Bob,

My posted offer got an emailed response and I just confirmed it. If you still need to unload that later...I won't mind having a second vise LOL.

Now I am starting to collect like you!!! [}:)]

Thumbs

Well, Dario, it sounds like I'm not the only real ToolMan out here!

bud duffy, Step down a few lines in this forum and look at Big Rob's thread on this subject. Evidently, he got one, too! He takes better pictures than I do! But then everybody does!
======================================================================
EditHere is the post that got us started on this subject a little while back and helped, I'm sure, convince Paul to make this latest bunch.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8361&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=self,center
======================================================================

woodscavenger, I turn those big Manly pens! Ha! I just have to whittle them down a little with my axe first! There was a thread back some time ago where somebody had mentioned large pen blanks and vises, I believe. I was talking then about making pens so large they were crew served writing instruments. This vise ought to do the job!

Honestly, it really is a dandy. I guess Paul doesn't make them full time but I think, if he did, he would have a pretty good business till he saturated the market. Nobody that I have seen has been producing anything like this!

And no, I am not getting any consideration for this glowing endorsement! I wish! If and when you can afford it and can persuade him to do it, get one!

[:D][}:)][;)]

alamocdc

Okay, now I'm officially bummed that I missed out on the buy. [:(] It opened and closed before I saw it. I really want one, Paul. [:D] Are you going to be making any more any time soon? The sad part is, I don't even have one of the other brands and since I'm plaaning on getting one of Paul's, I don't want to spend the money on one either. Okay, so I'm frugal. [:I]

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe this will ease the pain of missing out on the vises...

In December, I'll be giving away in a drawing (details coming in October) two of Paul's vises, along with some IAP coffee mugs, lots of gorgeous blanks, and one or two other nice surprises. [:D]

BigRob777

Bob,
Oops, I was looking to add onto a post but I was looking for "Vise" in the title. Didn't check this out until now. Sorry. My blank was only 2" square in my pic. Thanks for your compliment about my pics. I just had to put the banskia pod on top, to try and get a laugh. It isn't actually <b>IN</b> the vise. Oh well!!
That's actually going to be my next post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom