Super secret gizmo revealed!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul in OKC

Here's some shots of the super secret gizmo I've been tinkering with. It is a pantograph for pens. This is the first proto type, so still needs some de-bugging. Don't get much time to play with it, but hope to make pen using it soon. It will then go to my 'beta' tester for further review.
Won't be any available for sale until after the first of the year or so. Too many irons in the fire to stick another in :D.

2005103153521_pento1.jpg

2005103153541_pento2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

Great job Paul! There should be lots of possibilities. I can envision such a thing with a rack and pinion to get X and rotary, rather than X and Y, so it could continue designs all the way around. Looks like a fun thing to play with.

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by btboone
<br />Great job Paul! There should be lots of possibilities. I can envision such a thing with a rack and pinion to get X and rotary, rather than X and Y, so it could continue designs all the way around. Looks like a fun thing to play with.

Been trying to think about that. Will have to wait down the road for that much thinkin' though! Right now it will be two to one for inlays and such, but should be able to do flutes, flats, grooves and such with little set up.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Wayyyyyy cool. I've seen other setups like this but at $1200-1500 they're a bit out of my price range. Are you listening Santa? [:D]

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />Paul, your family does remember what you look like right... I mean do you ever get out of the shop [:p][:p]
I am having to remind them. Part of why I'm running behind lately, so I can refresh their memory[:D].

Lou, aren't you too big for Santa's knee anymore?!?!

Darley

Paul this look great, but I got 1 question, if you engraved or groove for inlay, do the head sock should be lock in with an indexing plate to prevent reversed rotation of the pen? or your pantograph holder the mandrel,how do you make the bit drill to touch the upper or lower pen barrel,I mean how do you control the depth of carving ?

Paul in OKC

There will be an indexing plate to go with it. Depth on this model will be done by the stylus. Turn the aluminum part on the top and the stylus extends and retracts.

Darley

Originally posted by Paul in OKC
<br />There will be an indexing plate to go with it. Depth on this model will be done by the stylus. Turn the aluminum part on the top and the stylus extends and retracts.

Thanks Paul for the info, suppose have to wait for next year, keep us posted for this one, will you?

Serge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom