Such as it is

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

My shop is certainly not as elegant as some, but it gets the job done. And yes, it is dirty and cluttered, but who has time to clean up, right?[}:)]

My shop is actually divided into two sections. Kind of a pain, but I got used to it. The saws and planer are in my half of the garage. Yes, we mustn't inconvenience the wife's parking, especially during the winter.
200557195447_tablesaw.jpg

200557195536_bandsaw.jpg

Attached to the back of the garage is a small shop (about 14' x 17') with cabinets all along one wall, and a bench all along the other. That leaves the door at each end and more bench at the far end. My drill press, grinder and sanding station all sit on the bench.

200557195938_drill_press.jpg

I have a router table and wood storage in the middle of the shop and my late is at the back near the bench.

2005572010_lathe.jpg

I've picked up a great deal of useful information from this forum already. In fact, I built this blank jig just today. It is sort of a combination of the tablesaw and bandsaw jig. I liked the idea of being able to cut blanks square and to length on my band saw without having to drag out my heavy panel sled. Why build yet another tablesaw jig if you already have one that would do the job, right? So I'm a little lazy. [:p]

But I didn't like the lack of stop blocks on the bandsaw jig (short of using clapms and scraps of wood), so I added the capability.

20055720734_bandsaw_jig.jpg

Anyway, just my messy little piece of sawdust making heaven!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

melogic

Bill,
Cozy looking shop. Noticed the lathe, I just purchased one a few weeks ago EXACTLY like it. How do you like it? I love mine. Thanks for sharing.

alamocdc

Thanks, guys! Yes, Mark, I love my Craftsman lathe. And you're exactly right, Woodbutcher68, everything is someplace and sometimes I actually find it.[:D]

woodwish

Nice shop. My wife parked her SUV in my shop for years. I tried to explain that just because it had a garge door din't neccessarily mean it was a garage. Finally she gave in and suggested that I build my own shop. I purposely did not put in a garage door so I never loose it to car parking.[}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom