Stool

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest American Woodworker had plans for this stool in it. That would be Issue #117, October 2005.

I have been using an old K-Mart $9.95 stool in my shop for about 30 years. While it had held up well it was just to darn short for anything but parking my behind on when I wanted to sit. It couldn't be used to work at the lathe or workbench.

This design just hit me right. It is tall enough to use when turning for long periods of time and also for putting up to the work bench when doing tedious or long duration bench work.

The bottom has a place across the middle that you can raise up and use for a support for a board on the drill press or bandsaw. And the article also suggested it as a place to clamp a work light when you need some extra lighting.

2005924184139_AmWoodworker-Stool-001.jpg

2005924184157_AmWoodworker-Stool-002.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Anthony,
Old Southern expression.

If a Bull Frog had wings and wheels it wouldn't bump it's ass when it hopped.

Kind of an expression that is used when a Yankee says, "If you only did things like we used to do back in xxxxxx it would be different."

Best to you and your's

Regards.
Mac

MDWine

Kool!

I saw that in the recent issue, but haven't had a chance to read the article yet. How was it to build? I was thinking about making it, but not using the "riser" in the middle... what say you??? [:D]

Titanium dust must be getting through Boone's dust mask.

Michael, simple to build. Table saw, band saw, scroll saw and router. You could build without the riser but I'd double the top just to make it more sturdy. It took me around 6 hrs. 4 one day 2 the next. I wouldn't use fir plywood, go for birch or some good hardwood plywood. I don't know what the plywood is I used. I went into Lowes one day and this stuff was mixed in with the birch. I think it possible that it is teak ply, heavy as heck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom