Stand for Jet Mini Lathe -- anyone use this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcollazo

I have that stand holding up my 1014vsi. It's very stable and has some weight to it. The only possible drawback to it, and this is purely personal, is that I wish I could lower the lathe an additional 1-2 inches. I'm 5'-6" with short arms (they barely reach my shoulders) and sometimes I feel that the minimum height is just a bit high. Again, that's just personal. I am going to purchase another one for my other 1014 when we finally move.

That's my story an I'm sticking to it!

Rifleman1776

My woodturning club has the Jet Mini on one of those stands that we use for demos. We did replace the wheels with larger and higher quality because we do move it around frequently. I've demo'd on it and it seems stable. We have had bowl turning demos on it that challenged, swing, power and stability and the whole unit performed just fine. I say, go for it.

Fred

I have this stand under my JET Mini lathe and have mounted heavy duty locking wheels to allow me to move the entire unit around. Absolutely solid and no wobble at all. I believe it would be a great improvement for you and the lathe. [:)]

Milpaul

Height was also very important to me, I was sick of bending down over my old lathe. So I built a workbench at the exact height I needed for the mini.

ahoiberg

like milpaul, i built a little work bench/table for my lathe. has a little tool storage area and chuck storage area shelf (that constantly needs to be vacuumed) with some wide base feet on it to keep it stable. works great and it's probably cheaper than buying a stand.

Texatdurango

Originally posted by jtate
<br />http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000063XIB/ref=pe_pe_606_7113500_pe_ar_t1

Does anyone use this stand - the Jet 708354 JML-S Adjustable Mini Lathe Stand? I'm using a wobbly thing with a plank slapped across it. I'm sure this stand is better than what Im using but I'd appreciate your comments.

Julia

Julia, No doubt the stand would be better than a wobbly stand with a plank BUT I think a nice cabinet with storage would be a lot nicer. I dislike tools that take up a large "footprint" and basically rob you of convenient storage space. In the SAME space the stand displaces you could have a cabinet with drawers for your cutting tools, chucks, adapters and supplies, all at your fingertips, and it could be on wheels as well.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom