Stand for JET Mini

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodbutcher

I purchased a Delta midi and needed a stand. As it turns out the Jet stand works on my lathe too. Frankly I wouldn't be without one. I did purchase some wheels from Woodcraft to make it easier to move around in my shop. I am purchasing the extension to use for longer spindle work. Hope this helps,
Jim

epson

I bought the stand for my Jet mini. I also bought wheels from woodcraft. They are the swivil and locking casters. The stand is great for me because I like to turn on my driveway. The stand also adds mass and reduces vibration. The stand is well made and heavy. I would recommend it for anyone.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I converted a wall hung cabinet that I made as a proto type to see if it wood support a wall hung micro wave.
It is essentially a box on legs that sits on a base with casters.
Since I have a small shop it adds a storage place under the lathe.
I have found "stand alone" tools "steal" valuable space.

coach

I use an old bathroom cabinet. I added 3/4" plywood to the top and added some structure to the inside. I have storage for kits and stuff on the inside. Works great and was free.

Fred in NC

I have turned on Minis on the Jet stand, and I like it.

However, for the reasons mentioned above, weight, mobility, and storage space, I built my own from 3/4" birch plywood. The top looks thin because all you can see is the edge of a plywood sheet. However, the top is actually laminated to make it thicker, and the extra thickness is inside the carcass. It sits on lockable wheels from Woodcraft.

2005112142715_jet001.jpg
<br />

nilsatcraft

I got a stand with my Jet Mini and I love it. I'm 6' tall and it adjusts to my height just fine so I don't have to hunch over. Great investment in my opinion.

Scottydont

I have the Jet Mini with the stand and Woodcraft locking casters. I made an MDF platform that goes between the lathe and the stand so I can set sandpaper and stuff on it and it has holes drilled in it to hold turning tools. I also like the fact that the stand is adjustable to my height. I like it better than just the lathe on a workbench.

Paco

Thanks for all of your advice on the lathe stand. The concept of having a stand with storage area is something I hadn't thought of. Space is a premium in my little basement corner shop.

Murphy

I used an old propane BBQ stand like the ones you see people throwing out all the time. I took the BBQ and accessories off and stripped it down. I put a piece of 3/4" russian ply on top and built a little box under it for storage. Instant wheels for moving it around and cost me very little. I cut back the handles a little bit to the length I wanted it to be.

chigdon

I waited about a year to finally break down and get Jet's stand along with casters. It was hard to justify as it costs about 1/3 of the lathe price. I would definately do it and recommend it now though.

jb_pratt

I understand people wanting extra storage but I too use the Jet stand with my Jet VS mini and I love it. For me I like to stand with 1 foot between the legs of the stand. If it were a cabinet base you could not stand that close to the lathe. Just my personal preference.

tnilmerl

I use one of the foldable workmate benches. Just the right height, the dogs in the work surface help to locked the Jet Mini in place, and the extra holes are great for holding my tools when I start/stop my lathe.

The cross braces allow me to store extra supplies and stock underneath and I hang other things around on various access points.

And if I ever REALY, REALLY have to, I gave move the lathe and fold down the work area for additional space.

Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom