Source for QUALITY BUFFS?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

I have a small VS Buffer that uses 3'' or 4" buffs on a tapered spindle. This type of spindle will only accept buffing wheels with a "pinhole". I am seeking to upgrade the buffs, but have found that a 1/2" hole is the smallest available (at Caswell, for example). Does anyone know a source for upgraded buffs with the very small hole. Note: the spindle adapters I have found do not fit the 5/16" shaft on this buffer. HELP!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

Thanks for the quick reply, Frank. The ideal wheel would be the LOOSE muslin (or felt) wheel in 3" or 4" size. So far, I have only seen these with 1/2" hole. I could equally go for a spindle adapter that fits a 5/16" shaft and provides a 1/2" arbor. There are plenty of upgraded 4" buffs with a 1/2" hole.

Steve

SteveG

Thanks for the link Mike (mredburn), I am looking over the various buffs on that site and there is a number of choices that appear to be suitable. I am wanting to step over to the buffing as part of the finishing process as George presented in his "...kicked up a notch" thread. If anyone else has a favorite source or a recommendation, I am always ready to listen. Thanks to all responding.
Steve

Jgrden

Everything was fine for ordering two 3" buffing wheels until shipping for $9.95 was quoted. They are light weight and small. This fee was preposterous.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Really? I just logged in orderd 2- 3 inch buffs and the shipping choices I can select are
Economy $4.95 include insurance
small flat rate $7.30 includes insurance
ups ground $12.20
usps standard $9.08

and then 2 day and overnight options

moke

I have had issues with both Caswell and Beall buffs. I have a couple of each that the mounting hole was not in the center. You can imagine how they ran. One of the caswell was a good 1/2" off. I have seriouos doubts as to whether they are inspected upon completion.

In there defense though, I did not try to return them as the cost of shipping exceeded the buff pads.

Last edited:
Top Bottom