Sorry, one more NEJE Laser thread

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

raar25

I just received my Neje 1MW this weekend and ran it through its paces on flat items and a few scrap pen bodies and it didn't repeat well enough to trust it on a good finished item. Has anyone been able to repeatably engrave pens you have sold?

As a side note after aprox 20 trials the laser stopped engraving and although it showed the light, it just didn't have the power to burn paper. So I am also concerned about the durability of it.

So if anyone has figured out how to make it work everytime first try engraving names on pens can you let me know what the secret is.

Thanks,
Ray

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Yes, this has happened to me- after about the same number of engravings (and always using a fan to cool it.) I brought a second one as I waiting for the replacement diode to arrive for the first one. Some have the same one after hundreds of runs. I consider it a throw-way tool. If I get 50 runs or so and it breaks, I am ok with that.

Magicbob

These lasers are 50% duty cycle rated.
This means if it take 5 minutes to engrave a pattern, it, the laser, must rest 5 minutes before starting the next.

scoops

I also found that a fan was needed to keep it cool. I used the 360 Degree Rotary Laser Jig from tshadow.com to make about 15 pens a groom used as gifts to the wedding party.

I also found that spending time to get the focus correct made a big difference.

Randy

sbwertz

I had to replace the laser in mine after a while....but I use it almost every day. Maybe 200 pens? I bought an extra laser at the same time, so if it fails again, I have a replacement. It is a ten minute job to replace it and the replacement seems to be going strong.

Top Bottom