Sometimes you just gotta take you hat off to another maker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fish30114

Recently I've had a lot of trouble with my Milescraft pen press. I really like the spring loaded aspect of it's design, but I have had continual headaches with the flip up stanchions...so after spending 4 hrs monkeying around with it a few weeks ago, I decided I was gonna find another pen press to try.
When doing a search on Yahoo I found an image of a beautiful handmade wooden press. I tracked down who the maker was and got in touch and long story short I bought one from him. Here it is:
Larry%20Marley%20pen%20press.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I know a lot of you folks will say 'you just should of made one yourself' but frankly this thing is so beautiful, and I just don't think I could have made one of this caliber. It has awesome wood in it, and I like it so much, I hope I have it for the pencraft for a long long time.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Beautiful, Press, Glorious Timber, Exceptional Craftsmanship.
But regrettably, it is too Pretty for my Shop, it deserves a lot better than I can offer.
Thanks for showing it.
Brian.

Fay Prozora

It's beautiful just to look at. I love the wood grains in it and it looks so smooth and shiny. The maker of this press did a fine job on it and I wouldn't be suprised if he or she makes some and sell them. Fay

Fish30114

You know Fay, that's the main reason I purchased it. It is in itself a work of art. It is pretty simple and functional, and I just enjoy having it around, it is always something pretty on my bench, regardless of what I might be making. As I said before, I hope to have it for my pencraft for a long time. I haven't asked the maker what finish he used, I suspect it is a sprayed on poly or lacquer--whatever it is it is a beautiful finish! And you are right the curl in the maple is unreal!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom