Some progress on the new shop/"house"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aj r

Being single I decided to go a different way than most. Instead of a large house with a small garage or shop, I went with a large shop 30x48 with a 30x30 add on for my "house." Progress has been a little slow due to the weather, but it is coming along. Once the outside is finished, then it is my turn. Framing the rooms, electrical, plumbing, even building the cabinets is going to be done by me. It will be a slow process, but hopefully it will be worth it in the end.

Attachments

• Shop 1.jpg
    Shop 1.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 268
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

My wife and I are buying an 82 acre farm in north Georgia. There is a two bedroom house included along with three out buildings. One is a machinery storage building with a concrete slab. Another one is a wood building with plywood floors, while that last is a brand new aluminum building the size of a one car garage with a roll up door on one end and a entry door on the side at the other end. It has windows on both side and all it needs is insulation, plywood on the walls, electricity wiring, and some work benches to set my equipment on.

One good thing about the property is that it has a lot of wooded area, some of which needs to be thinned out, so there will be a lot of wood to make things with.

Last edited:

Herb G

If you put solar panels on that huge roof & added some forklift batteries, you could power most of it for free from sunlight.

Just a thought. :wink:

moke

What an adventure! Thanks for showing us, and please keep us posted on your progress....and yes you have the correct proportions for shop vs house!!

Top Bottom