Small shop in Germany

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello pentturners,
here some pics of my small shop 7 x 14 foot (brand new)

2005710164019_Werkstatt%2001.jpg

2005710164041_Werkstatt%201.jpg

200571016413_Werkstatt%203.jpg

2005710164119_Werkstatt%204.jpg

2005710164141_Werkstatt%205.jpg

2005710164158_Werkstatt%206.jpg

Visitor´s and comments are welcome

best regards from sunny Wiesbaden Germany
Gerhard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

Shucks--I spent three years in Friedberg---just down the road from you. Of course that was back in the late 60's. Welcome to
IAP---we try to have fun while creating.

JimGo

WOW, GREAT shop! Looks like you've already done a little turning...can't wait to see pics of your work! Welcome to IAP!

Hello Woodturner´s,

thank´s for the comments,

@ Mark, I use the press this way, like this more than on a bench.
@ rudy Vey: Ei guude wie, wann de mol sehnsucht nooch em Ebbelwoi host, saach bescheid, ich schick der aan
(for Not Germans how can not talk dialect: If he is homesick he sould let me know this, and I will send some Applecider from his hometown Frankfort
@woodscavenger, I you need some tools, come along[:)]
I also miss on time the workbench, I will cange the the Record lathe next in a JET 3520 A (they sell the Powermatic in Europe in white)and build a bench between bandsaw and wall.
best regards and nice shavings
Gerhard

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Gerhard, very nice shop you have. I secound what Rudy said, ( I guess ) [:D]

Well, actually I had started to translate this for our English-speaking friends, but got somehow distracted by my wife....
What I said was:
I welcome Gerhard as another German to IAP and as the second from my homestate of Hesse and that I am originally from Frankfurt.

Hello penturner´s,

let me know when some body will visit me, so I will prepare some cold beer
(German beer [:p], not But or Miller light [xx(]).
I for my own prefer red wine [:eek:)](need no fidge, shop to small [:D] )

best regards from sunny Germany
and thank´s for comments
Gerhard

Thumbs

Gerhard, that's just asking for a crowd! I wish we could all get together for OctoberFest! That would be a lot of fun, I'm sure! Is that celebrated everywhere in Germany?
We even have a few folks in Pennsylvania who celebrate it every year. I'm not sure how relevant that is. We like to celebrate just about anything.......LOL!

BTW, that is a beautiful shop you made for yourself. I'm sure you will enjoy playing in there! Welcome to the club![:)][:)][:)][:)]

ADDENDUM:
Hey! Wait a minute, I thought folks over there just drank their beer at room temperature! Or is that just the Brits?[:)][}:)]

Rudy Vey

We Germans drink our beer not at room temperature, we drink it from the fridge, but no frozen glasses/mugs. This is a mis-conception I have heard now for the last 9 years I am here.

anstranger

Wilkomen Gerhard. Nice looking shop and as others have said good use of limited space. Did you build this on your patio? How are you heating it? I remember that when I was there in Brekenhiem(sp)most of the houses had steam/hot water heating. I agree with you on the wine over beer. Never developed a taste for any country's beer it all was too bitter for me. A good german red has always been my weakness though and is it hard to find here in the states. Good apple wine is also hard to find. Anyway, have fun turning. Going to steal your idea about the pen press though takes up no bench space and might even be a little easier to control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom