Small Diameter Split Mandrel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I did not want to make my own, so I bought these and tried them earlier (they arrived in 3 days using first class mail). The fit inside a 7mm tube and the shank fits in a Dremel or drill. I bought them to sand/polish the inside of semi-transparent and transparent barrels.

This company has some other interesting things for penturners.

Mandrel - Split Mandrel 3/32" shank | Cool Tools

Metal Clay & Supplies | Cool Tools

As long as you have two open ends (which I understand is not always the case), you can flip the barrel around and sand/polish from the other side.
They are $2.25 each ..seemed like a small risk. So far I like them.

Have fun!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks Tony - this looks like a neat tool, so I just ordered one.

They have a free shipping offer that's good for this weekend only for a $5.00 minimum order, so I added some sanding sticks to my order that I've been wanting to buy anyway. Got my order up to a whopping $5.25.

TonyL

Thanks..They are pretty light weight. I had ordered 5. I well go back and see. Thanks for letting me know.

TonyL

Call them..I do not think their inventory system is accurate...unless you did call or write them already.

dogcatcher

Check out Widget Supply https://www.widgetsupply.com/

Search "sandpaper mandrel", and you will find something like this plus others. Less than $5 shipping on small orders and free on orders over $35.

Look at the jewelry tools, lot so gadgets etc., some that can be adapted to small turnings. If you use XActo or Excel knives this is the place to get your supplies. Same with Dremel burrs and accessories.

Top Bottom