Sketchup for Woodworkers Tutorial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

I know some of the members here don't make just pens, but other things as well.

I came across this set of video tutorials some time ago. It explains how Google Sketchup can be used to design woodworking objects.
Sketchup for Woodworkers - Home

Google Sketchup can be downloaded free from Google.

Enjoy!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

markgum

thanks for sharing. Sketchup was suggested as a nice tool to have for segmented bowls. I down loaded it but that is as far as I have gotten.

its_virgil

I've tried using sketchup and although I see some great projects done with it I found it terribly difficult to learn. I plodded through a couple of tutorials and gave up. Maybe my motivation was not motivated.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

keithkarl2007

I downloaded it a while back but now when I try to use it, the reference lines don't come up and I can't draw on it. It won't even display previous plans I drew and saved. I uninstalled it and downloaded it again but I'm still having those same problems.

Dick Mahany

Video tutorials made the difference between failure and success for me. I was about to give up when I found an EXCELLENT set of beginners videos. I followed the 7 basic tutorials and am now using Sketchup all the time. Google " Chief woodworker's blog" and you'll find them. The author is an accomplished craftsman and also teaches Shetchup at local colleges.......definitely worth a look.

Top Bottom