Sierra Blank Trimmer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ncboyntx

Got no replies on this in the Penturning forum so...what do you use to trim Sierra blanks? I found a 27/64 trimmer shaft in CUSA. Is that the correct tool to trim Sierra blanks?

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nilsatcraft

I'm not 100% positive, Don, but it makes sense that it would work. The 27/64" shaft is meant to be used on pens that have a 27/64" hole drilled in them, so the Sierra should be compatible with this shaft. No guarantees but I'd feel pretty confident buying this shaft for the Sierra.

nilsatcraft

Don- Just a follow up post- I just found out that the 27/64" doesn't work with the Jr. Gent/Statesman 2, which calls for a 27/64" drill. This makes me wonder if there may be a similar issue with the Sierra. I guess it makes me less certain about the compatibility, so the only way to know would be to give it a try.

alamocdc

I made a long bushing that fits over my 10mm mill out of Delrin. I turned it to the ID of the Sierra tube after I drilled it to be just snug on the 10mm mill. Then I used pen turning bushings to hold it centered on my mandrel for turning to size. In fact, I've done this for a number of my larger pens. Make sense?

Fangar

Hey guys,

The easisest fix for this is to use the shaft for the cigar / Baron lower barrel. (9.1mm). When using this shaft, simply slide a spare 10mm or Baron lower tube over the shaft. Then slide this into the sierra barrel. You will have almost a perfect fit.

Fangar

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />delrin is a hard wearing plastic, excellent properties for making bushings. Your spacers for the BUFFING SHAFT are made out of delrin. CA will not stick to delrin and that is another good feature.Bbut I/m not Billy.

-Peter-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom