SHOW US YOUR WORK SHOP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Finally got done reorganizing the place! Tood pics while it was clean cause it probably won't be that way very often! All of my tools except the grinder with the Wolverine jig and the buffer are on one side of the shop with the work area on the other side.
This is my assembly area grinder is under the white cloth and buffer is surrounded by the cardboard box.
200712804751_assembly%20table.jpg

Lathe, sanders and small table behind has pad sanders on it.
200712804857_lathe%20east.jpg

looking the other way with storage at the end
200712805044_lathe%20looking%20west.jpg

200712805253_northwall.jpg

view of the lineup; Hawk, drill press, & Jet

20071281059_scroll%20saw,drill%20press,lathe.jpg

shelves next to the lathe
200712805554_shelves%20next%20to%20lathe.jpg

the continuation of my work table.
200712805640_work%20table.jpg

Thanks for looking![8D]:D[8D]

stevers

Boy I see a lot of Jet Mini's. Are they really that good? Are they worth the $50 or $100 extra compared to the Cobra Tech, Pen State etc? I will be in the market in the next couple of months. And I will certainly spend the extra money if it's money well spent.

Woodlvr

Steve,
The new Jet mini 1014 VSI is great especially for a brand new unit with indexing and Variable Speed. I got mine at my local Woodcraft and it is priced at $299.99 until April 30th they say. I have a 6 yr old mini that is not VS so I am a Jet fan myself. Hope this helps a little.

Mike

Firefyter-emt

Thought I would add these couple in here as well. I like spring clamps, no I mean I REALLY like them! I use them all the time and found an outlet store that had them two for a buck.. How could I resist?

I should make the rack better, it's simply a piece of scrap pine attached to a full length rollerbearing drawer slide I had spare after breaking one of the set. It's amazing how handy this is when putting the clamps away!

128071.jpg

128072.jpg

Oh, and I finished this a couple weeks back, I needed a nice stand for my little 10" bandsaw to sit on. This stand holds a small shop vac inside the base and will be switched on with one of those remote start switches that turn the vac on when the band saw is powered up.
Not fancy, just MDF all the way, all the corners are rounded over except for the base molding. Hockey puck foot levelers that keep it about 1/4" off the floor. I did add a half circle thingee to hand spare baldes on off the left side later on though.

bandsaw-cabinet-6.jpg

bandsaw-cabinet-7.jpg

bnoles

I want to bump this thread back to the top to see if we can get more shop shots. Come on everyone, this is one topic we can all share inspiration and trade great ideas.

Let's see some pictures. [8D][:p]

bnoles

Allen,

Great use of small work space. I like your idea on the shelf for the drill press. Looks like a perfect set up for pen making.

Okay, who will be next to step forward with some pictures?

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Ok Bob, I'll take your challenge. This is my workshop / garage / library / storeroom / (ex)smokingroom / junkroom.
There is a 4 x 6 foot table over the bonnet of the car. This table doubles as a home made table saw. I have recessed a circular saw upside down into it. The body of the saw fits neatly between the headlamps.This leaves me with a 2 foot gap to stand in. After the gap and against the far wall is my lathe / router table. Pretty full eh?

200722214511_garage.jpg

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Originally posted by ilikewood

I think my behind is bigger than 2 feet! How do you stand in there again?

Ha Ha Bill, It helps if you have a body like a racing snake.:D

2007222151438_gap.jpg

Here's a pic of the gap

DocStram

Originally posted by skiprat

Ok Bob, I'll take your challenge. This is my workshop / garage / library / storeroom / (ex)smokingroom / junkroom.
There is a 4 x 6 foot table over the bonnet of the car. This table doubles as a home made table saw. I have recessed a circular saw upside down into it. The body of the saw fits neatly between the headlamps.This leaves me with a 2 foot gap to stand in. After the gap and against the far wall is my lathe / router table. Pretty full eh?

200722214511_garage.jpg
Steven .... dang! Is that an MG-TF sitting there????? We want to see more picture of your car!

darbytee

I love these kinds of threads. Here is my garage shop. These pictures are taken from the same position rotating counterclockwise. The first one is my workbench/pen storage along with the mini I use for buffing.

2007224164759_ws1.jpg

The second is my mustartd monster along with the drill press in the corner.
200722416499_ws2.jpg

The third is my bandsaw, my sander and the dust collector, which stays attached to the sander. They are all on wheels so I can move them around if needed.
2007224165052_ws3.jpg

The last picture is taken from the door to the garage and shows my two work tables that I have arranged in an L-shape.
2007224165224_ws4.jpg

Thanks for looking.

DocStram

Hey Fred ... thanks for the shop tour. I think we all enjoy taking a peek at other people's shops. I reckon we're "shop voyeurs". It's kind of like taking a walk at night when your neighbors have their lights on and the curtains open. Whoaaaa .... sounds like I'm a Peeping Tom .... I only try to look in from out there on the sidewalk!

Looks like one of those great, inexpensive HF magnetic lights on your BS. I like your home made tool holders for the lathe chisels. A Powermatic ... wooohoooo! Very nice workbench over there with the Jet on it. Nice little rack to hold pen kits and bushings. I have the same Delta dust collector .... have you had the exciting experience yet of turning off the switch ... pulling off the bottom hose ... and reaching up to unclog the plastic bag or whatever from the bottom of the dc intake ... only to realize that the dang fan blades are still rotating at 90 miles an hour????? It only takes one time to learn that lesson.
Again, thanks for the shop pictures!

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Here are a few pics of my shop. I am fortunate to have a 40 x 75 metal building with 16' ceilings. My shop is in one end of the building is is 30x40.

This is looking towards the back from the main door. My tablesaw is in the front with wood storage along the back wall.
2007224194343_s1.jpg

Here is my new bandsaw along with pen blank storage. Each bin has a specific species of wood that I use. The bottom shelf is my drying rack where I have pen blanks stacked and stickered to dry.

2007224194441_s3.jpg

This is my main work bench and it was quite messy in the this pic!

2007224194547_s8.jpg

My lathe with grinder in the background. Notice the little shelf I made to hook between the ways of the lathe so I can have easy access to sandpaper, CA, etc.

2007224194620_s10.jpg

This is my drill press and casting table where I cat my cactus blanks.

2007224194639_s11.jpg

And lastly, here is my cactus processing area where I clean and process the cactus skeletons for my cactus blanks. The mess on the ground is reject skeletons and cactus skins! It is getting pretty deep and I have to keep clearing a channel in the middle so the water will drain away! It is quite a mess.

2007224194721_cactus1.jpg

johncrane

Curtis wow your shop is awesome mate!you have some heavy duty equipment.just a thought on your cactus rejects' they might make a good compost, let the worms get rid of your mess.also Curtis l have not used your blanks yet l am waiting for group buy kits to come in.:D

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
It is actually just outside the shop partition wall that seperates the shop from the rest of the metal building. I have been planning to post some pics of the CV so I am going to start a new thread so at to not hijack this one!

Firefyter-emt

OK, just to keep it going here is a little photo updatt. I got around to making a lumber rack yesterday, the 2x4's that make up the sides are notched out to provide a mortice & tenon design which has been glued and screwed togather before a pass on the joiner to square it up. 16" oc and one short of 8" (no, not on purpose but I decided to leave it like this because one more would of "closed in" the door. The lathe tool rack is new, but just a temp to see how I liked the PVC pipe holder. I plan to use in my over all "lathe wall station" that should soon go into the works. (no hints, but it will not be as long, but have more pipes for holders) ;)

Anyway.. Here is my flat stock storage. It's the only wall I could place it on (without blocking windows) and it had to be placed high to clear my tool box, but I like the way it came out.

wood-rack.jpg

Firefyter-emt

James, I wish it did... I never want to go thru all those recipts and add them up! That box is a 1993 box though. (oh yea.. didn't mention it was 5k in 1993 money!)

They are worth all the money though, the bottom box (void of tools and drawers) requires 2 guys to lift it and you have to have gloves or it will seriously dig into your hands.

Woodlvr

Ken,
You should be ashamed of yourself-there is not ONE speck of dust-dirt- or wood shaving in your shop.;):D[:p][}:)]

angboy

And he's got a framed IAP logo! That should earn some brownie points. But now about those fur covered stools... exactly what kind of shop is this??? What all do you do in your shop??? [}:)][}:)]

Top Bottom