Shop is finished

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OldGrumpy

Started in January and with the hanging of that "JDL Pens" sign I now consider it complete. Building is 8 X 12 GraceLand building. I put in small a/c unit and insulated the interior. Am enjoying it very much.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 334
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mikedealer

i dont know what kind of neighborhood you live in, or where that lies on your property, but i had a friend who had a storage shed that he put in an AC Unit, and someone broke in simply by pushing down AC and reaching in window to open door. He eventually went with a free standing AC Unit and duct holes. Also if the window is close to the door, make sure the inside lock requires a key not a knob/twist to lock/unlock it..

enough with negative thoughts now.. looks awesome great job.

Tom T

Really nice shop. Looking very professional. Are there tools inside yet? We want a selfie of you turning something.

OldGrumpy

Will try to get a couple of interior shots in next day or so. Thanks to everyone for kind comments. I tried to select bldg size for optimum pen making (got tired of walking across the garage every time I needed something not to mention cleaning garage). Only remaining thing is to try to create a dust collection system using a shop vac. Any ideas?

shastastan

Will try to get a couple of interior shots in next day or so. Thanks to everyone for kind comments. I tried to select bldg size for optimum pen making (got tired of walking across the garage every time I needed something not to mention cleaning garage). Only remaining thing is to try to create a dust collection system using a shop vac. Any ideas?

This the one I use. It mounts to a wall. I got an expandable hose for it that stretches as far as I need it. I've had no problems with it and use it on tools, benches, and the floor. Plenty of power, too.

Rockler Dust Right Wall Mount Dust Collector | Rockler Woodworking & Hardware

oneleggimp

Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan 48230 United States o
http://thepatriotwoodworker.com/topic/15789-my-wood-turning-shop[/IMG]

Here's my setup: I use a very old Craftsman Wet and dry 8 gallon shop vac for dust collection. It REALLY Does SUCK. The dust hood is from Rockler - a "lathe dust hood". Have a reducing fitting from 4" to 2 1/4" -the size of the shop vac inlet. I cheaped out on the tubing: It's dryer vent tubing I had laying around.

Last edited:

shastastan

Adding to my post above....Don't mount the unit to wallboard only! You will have to mount it to the wall studs. I used a piece of 3/4" plywood attached to the studs.

Top Bottom