Shop Dust Collection - After Suggestions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I want to thank everyone for the suggestion on my previous thread.

Here is the improved system - nothing is permanent, so it can be easily modified.

The reason for the funky "U" tube behind the NOVA lathe is that I will be using that port for connections to a miter saw, a bench top table saw and a bench top disk/belt sander.

The actual dust collector is outside of the workshop.

So far I'm very please with the performance - my pens look much, much, much improved :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:!

Attachments

• IMG_1766.jpg
    IMG_1766.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1774.jpg
    IMG_1774.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1768.jpg
    IMG_1768.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_1772.jpg
    IMG_1772.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1770.jpg
    IMG_1770.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 218
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Very neat looking system Mark !! The duct tape is a great way of connecting your joints together instead of glueing them. It makes a tight seal and you can change your setup as new machines are hooked into it. Floor mounting takes advantage of gravity so you don't have to raise and draw everthing overhead. Only thing I would add would be a collector ahead of your bags to catch larger scraps and keep you from having to empty the bags as often. You can make one out of a garbage can with holes for inlet and outlet cut into the top of the lid. You can also buy a premade cover for that purpose. Add a plywood baffel between holes and your ready to fly. I often do a lot of planeing or moulding making on my shaper table and this would fill up my bags in a hurry without my collector head of them. I used an old Craftsman Shop vac that came with 2 1HP moters, 50 gallon canister, and wheels. I took the removable top off, replaced it with a piece of plywood with holes drilled in to fit my flex tubing, andconnected the outlet to my DC. I don't think I have emptyed those bags but once since I built it 20 years ago, except for the time I didn't watch the collector and overfilled it, causing the DC to suck most everything out of it into the bottom bag. Jim S

Last edited:
Top Bottom