Sharpening Carbide Video

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

I think I'll just stick with laying the cutter down on the diamond card and doing figure 8's with it. I'd be a bit nervous having my fingers that close to a spinning carbide cutter.

jttheclockman

In a million years I would never do that or suggest anyone do that. One slip of that card and you lost a finger. Way too fast for that operation and no need. As stated a few figure 8 on a good diamond card and you are good to go and you will not wear that card so fast as that would. Also use of the proper oil will help preserve the stone too. OUCH. Just my opinion!!!!!!!:)

southernclay

I keep hearing "it's just a flesh wound!" in my mind lol

I hear y'all on the safety, I use the trend card that is larger for sharpening mine now with figure 8s and fluid and would feel pretty comfortable trying this with that.

JimB

I keep hearing "it's just a flesh wound!" in my mind lol

I hear y'all on the safety, I use the trend card that is larger for sharpening mine now with figure 8s and fluid and would feel pretty comfortable trying this with that.

It will probably take you longer than 30 seconds to mount your chuck, insert mandrel and screw on the cutter. You could probably do several cutters in the figure eight in less time and not have the safety issue.

One slip or other problem and you will regret ever watching that video. It will not be a flesh wound.

Top Bottom