Screws for Easy Wood tools

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fish30114

I have both some mid-size and full-size Easy Wood tools, I have buggered up and lost some of the screws from both sizes that retain the carbide tips. I just wanted to see if anyone knew the size of the screws that hold the carbide tips on to these two size tools?

Thanks for any input/feedback

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fish30114

Thanks Ed, I am using some non-factory carbide inserts, and I have one screw I just buggered up--'manos de piedre' (hands of stone) is not just Roberto Durans boxing nickname it's my shop nickname!!

TonyL

I couldn't get an answer, so I brought mine to Ace and tried fitting them. I wound up with something slightly longer (I have EWT) which worked out find. The trick (for me) was finding screws with the correct pitch. Once I found the the "right" ones, I bought a ton of them. Now, it would be nice if I could find them. If you want to take a ride over to my house, I will take them out of tools that I have (I had 3, but just shipped one to a guy in Florida to check out). I also may find the ones that I bought. I don't use carbide any more.

Call if you are going to come or write me via email. I have a toilet to fix...so heading out to HD, Lowes, Costco etc.

hanau

Which cutters?
i Think they are:
the square are 10/24
and the 12 mm round and diamond are 6-32

But not 100% since i don't own any EWT.

Lowes should have them , a local hardware store, Fastenal store. if not they will have a screw gauge that they can tell you what size they are.

BKelley

Don,

Don't know what part of Atlanta you are in, if you are near Tucker try Smith Hardware on Lawrenceville Highway. They have a huge selection of nuts, bolts, and screws.

Ben

Fish30114

Thanks for the feedback folks, I got an e-mail from Easy Wood, and the sizes are as follows just fyi--

**Mini/Mid/Detailers &
All Hollowers Except Mid*:
~Small Wrench 1/16"
~Screw 4-40 x 5/16"

**Full/Pro/Rougher/Finisher:
~Screw 8-32 x 3/8"
~Large Wrench 3/32"

**Exception (Mid Hollower):
~Small Wrench 1/16"
~Screw 4-40 x 1/4"

This copied from the reply from Easy Wood--regards--Don

AlisaBeth

Easy wood tools

I have so many hex wrenches that I can't figure out what size my easy wood tools take. I have both the the small and Medium tools. Not the micro tools. I can't find a wrench to fit them so will need to break down and buy some just for my tools. Any help would be appreciated.

AlisaBeth

Last edited:

Mr Vic

I have so many hex wrenches that I can't figure out what size my easy wood tools take. I have both the the small and Medium tools. Not the micro tools. I can't find a wrench to fit them so will need to break down and buy some just for my tools. Any help would be appreciated.

AlisaBeth

After you get the proper wrench stop by Harbor Freight or actually any hardware store an but something similar to this heat shrink. https://www.harborfreight.com/120-piece-heat-shrink-tubing-set-67530.html - pick a color you like slip some on the long section of the wrench and heat to shrink. Quick easy way to ID the correct wrench..

Gregory Hardy

Thanks for the feedback folks, I got an e-mail from Easy Wood, and the sizes are as follows just fyi--

**Mini/Mid/Detailers &
All Hollowers Except Mid*:
~Small Wrench 1/16"
~Screw 4-40 x 5/16"

**Full/Pro/Rougher/Finisher:
~Screw 8-32 x 3/8"
~Large Wrench 3/32"

**Exception (Mid Hollower):
~Small Wrench 1/16"
~Screw 4-40 x 1/4"

This copied from the reply from Easy Wood--regards--Don

Thanks for this, Don. I am not in need (yet) but printed and put in the "important facts" binder I keep in the shop. I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciates your leg work.

Gregory Hardy

AlisaBeth

After you get the proper wrench stop by Harbor Freight or actually any hardware store an but something similar to this heat shrink. https://www.harborfreight.com/120-piece-heat-shrink-tubing-set-67530.html - pick a color you like slip some on the long section of the wrench and heat to shrink. Quick easy way to ID the correct wrench..

GREAT shop trick! Corresponding drills and taps for kitless stuff in my shop may look like a rainbow very soon!

Top Bottom