Scrapers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

donnyl9056

Anyone have any expierence with the Hurricane bowl scrapers? Are these any good?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180711-180236.jpg
    Screenshot_20180711-180236.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 205

leehljp

Member Liaison
I have a set of three Hurricane tools - spindle gouges, but not scrapers. Hurricane tools are not the top of the line but are a better quality than Harbor Freight. I have several scrapers and keep them sharp. They do great work in the right situations.

Fred Bruche

Good is such a vague term that it's hard to answer or understand what kind of information you are looking for. Will they work as scrapers? For sure. I have some Hurricane tools (not the scrapers though) and they sure do the job, as long as you can proficiently resharpen them. My impression is the M2 cryo versions seem to stay sharp longer, but I'm not an expert :)

Wildman

Looks like good heavy duty scrappers being 3/8" thick. Honestly though never felt the need for a right hand scrapper unless running your lathe in reverse. So might check & see if can buy a single M2 scrapper.

JMHO, would not pay more for their M2 CRYO scrappers M2 steel will serve you well!

Hurricane Woodturning Right and Left Side 1 1/2" Curved Scraper Set - The Woodturning Store

Hurricane Left Side Curved Scraper, 1 1/2" Wide, High Speed Steel w Handle - The Woodturning Store

Own a Henry Taylor KYRO M2 1/2" skew and would not buy another one.

Top Bottom