Sanding Disc Paper Source

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

David350

I have been using a Shopsmith 12" sanding disc for blank squaring on my lathe. I also use it on my Shopsmith to quickly grind down the corners to reduce time spent on the lathe. Does anyone know of a good source for 12" sanding discs that are velcro backed? They seem to be a bit pricey from Shopsmith. Thanks in advance. David

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I have been using a Shopsmith 12" sanding disc for blank squaring on my lathe. I also use it on my Shopsmith to quickly grind down the corners to reduce time spent on the lathe. Does anyone know of a good source for 12" sanding discs that are velcro backed? They seem to be a bit pricey from Shopsmith. Thanks in advance. David

I have said this many times here and will mention it again. I would caution you with the use of hook and loop (velcro backed) sandpaper for squaring ends of tubed blanks. Now the reason is when you press on the blank into the sandpaper it will give and now the sandpaper is actually sanding in the outside edges of the blank. You may get away with it if you do this before the blank is turned to size because there is more material on the sides. I prefer pressure sticky back pads for squaring blanks. Just an opinion. :)

Top Bottom