Sale on Switches and Speed Controller

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buckmark13

Following this closely as I don't have a vs lathe, but would love to be able to add a switch or controller that enables me to convert it to vs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Curly

The switch is made to work with the universal motor a router is made with. They aren't all that good for routers either. Routers with built in speed controls are better. The induction motors most lathes are made with won't work with that kind of speed control. For electronic speed control the lathe either has to have a DC motor and it's own speed control (like many mini/midi lathes come with). Or they have a 3 phase motor and the variable frequency drive (VFD) built in to the lathe electrics.

That is just a glorified dimmer switch and it won't be good for your lathes.

dogcatcher

The tools from Harbor Freight that use replaceable brushes also work with the router speed controller. As do the Foredom set ups, I use a Foredom for carving and the speed controller of a router is better than the foot controller. You can set the speed and go to carving without leg cramps.

They also have the DGC Auto Switch on sale, this is a good thing for people that use dust collectors, turn on the lathe, it turns on the DC, whne you turn the lathe off, it stops the DC about 10 seconds after the lathe stops.

Switches in lathes go bad, that not theory that is FACT. I have started using a switch box, it is a plug in wired to an auxilliary switch that plugs in to the wall socket. This way I turn on the lathe with an auxilliary switch, not the lathe's switch. What I like the most is I put the aux. switch where I want it, not where the switch. With both the DC controller and the lathe all plugged in to one control box.

randyrls

I added extra "kill" switches to all my machinery after I switched off the table saw and as I reached over the blade to pick up the cut piece, the TS turned on again! Switch was bad and needed replaced.

I do this with the lathe too!

Top Bottom