Rockler Steel Tool Rests!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Codger

A quick note to wood turners... Rockler has an EXCELLENT buy on their 4", 6" and 10" stainless steel hard surface tool rests for midi lathes. I purchased ALL three and couldn't be more pleased! Sturdy, fine finish and well made! I couldn't be more pleased especially since Rockler's price! I would highly recommend each and everyone for a turner who wants to replace their factory cast iron tool rests with a durable, fine finish and well made tool rest at a 'hobbiest price' but professional finish! Safe turning to all!
:wink:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Mr. Stubbs

Hardened Post?

Are the posts on these rests hardened? The 4" rest I purchased several years ago is not. Every time it is clamped in the banjo it leaves a big scar. Very disappointing.:mad:

wyone

I have not seen those tool rests in person, but frankly, I will only be buying tool rests from Rick Herrell. He is on IAP, does awesome quality work at a very fair price. He can make your tool rest any length you want. Excellent quality and excellent customer service.

I honestly did not know what it was like to use such a great tool rest until I did. Since I have bought from him, my skills have improved immensely as the tools just glide effortlessly across them.

Even if his are slightly more, the quality is unmatched.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f172/custom-made-penturning-tools-accessories-92501/

csr67

I have not seen those tool rests in person, but frankly, I will only be buying tool rests from Rick Herrell. He is on IAP, does awesome quality work at a very fair price. He can make your tool rest any length you want. Excellent quality and excellent customer service.

I honestly did not know what it was like to use such a great tool rest until I did. Since I have bought from him, my skills have improved immensely as the tools just glide effortlessly across them.

Even if his are slightly more, the quality is unmatched.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f172/custom-made-penturning-tools-accessories-92501/

+1 to that. I had a flat top tool rest made by Rick for my carbide tools, and it's a piece of artwork. The finish is perfection, and the rest is a perfect fit on my Rikon Lathe. I had a 3" rest made and that works perfectly for me turning single barrels.

Old Codger

Mal...Yes those are the toolrests! I'm not sure about the 1" adapters since these are 5/8" diameter and designed for 'Midi' lathes...Usually, 1" diameter tool rests are for LARGER lathes than a midi... As far as quality, couldn't be more pleased with the quality and workmanship...maybe not as good as 'hand made' tool rests, but most non-professional, hobbist turners can't afford 'professional' quality and their prices... Anywho, hope this helps... For those midi lathe woodturnes, try these, you'll love them! Safe turning to all!

Top Bottom