Rockler Excelsior mini lathe sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Does anyone know if the Rockler Excelsior mini lathe is going to go on sale again anytime soon? I just missed it being on sale for $199. Otherwise I'm gonna go with the Harbor Freight 10" lathe on Jan 2 because I have a 25% coupon I can use on it. It will be my first lathe.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
One of the HF lathes is exactly the same as the Excelsior - just a different color & name. It's usually cheaper at HF.

My first lathe was a Excesior that I bought when Rockler had it on sale for $199 and we didn't have a local HF at the time. I've been quite happy with it & still use it for some things even though I now do most of my turning on a full-sized lathe.

I recommend that you order a spare belt right away - neither Rockler nor HF stock them & delivery is several weeks. Mine still hasn't broken, but eventually, belts will fail.

Last edited:

eharri446

I have a HF 10X18 lathe that I have been using for almost a year. I was concerned about the belt breaking and found replacement belts here: http:\\www.royalsupply.com

The belts for that lathe are: Gates 240J3 Micro-V Belt - 9171-02403 (240J3) and cost $4.19.

So far, I have not had to replace the original belt yet. However, I have three spares on hand if need be.

My next investment will be the variable speed upgrade from PSI, but that has to wait until I make some more money from my pens.

Top Bottom