Rikon Slow Speed Grinder on Sale at WC $99

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Thx Dan; I wasn't really going to get it; I do like sharpening on my 1 x 42. Interestingly, the Port Cable model at Lowes is 119, VS, and has a light. It's slowest setting is 2000 though. I wonder if 250 rpms make it too fast.

moke

I got a Rikon slow speed grinder for Christmas, I already had a slow speed PC. I like the Rikon better, but the wheels are not great, I had a couple of norton wheels laying around, I replaced them, and balanced them, and it runs awesome.

lwalper

I got one a few months ago (on sale for $89 I think) with the Wolverine jig. Works great. The only problem I've noticed is that the OEM wheels aren't straight or round so there's a little vibration. I dressed the wheels round, but there's still the runout to consider. Think I'm going to replace the wheels with CBN.

Before you walk out of the store have them plug it in and make sure the bearings are good (quiet) and the wheels are round. That's not just for the Rikon, but any grinder. As I read the many online reviews, they all seem to get poor marks.

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
Bought the Rikon last year with a wolverine system. Put on a CBN wheel and it runs smooth and quite. I stopped using my worksharp for the Rikon.

Top Bottom