Rikon Portable Dust Collector

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Buy Rikon Portable Dust Collector with Wall Mount at Woodcraft.com

A few WC's are selling this for $199. I already own two dedicated DCs and a air filter. I thought this would be nice to wheel behind another tools or tools. It say New, so I don't know if anyone has any experience with it.

I have a Rockler wall-mount dedicated to a 1015 lathe and I am not impressed with it (despite a very short run). I am thinking that this may be of the same "genre" of lower-end DCs.

Thoughts on this product please?

Thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmayo

I too have a Rockler DC on my wall as an ornament. Oh well, it only cost me $75 when I bought the house/shop. If I could unhook my conscience I would sell it...

TonyL

Agreed. And they show it with all of these attachments. I also bought it new from a guy who won it with all of the attachments for about $100. - he didn't need it. My shopfox which I like was down, so this was a spare. I wonder if this Rikon is the Rockler painted blue.

csr67

Not sure about the Rikon. I've had my shop fox wall mount for a couple of years and it's been flawless. That thing sucks!

TonyL

Thx. I really didn't neat a 3rd, but if it was a great deal, I would have bought it. I have the larger stationery SF and love it. thx again.

Skie_M

Make sure when you are using these small dedicated units that you are using only one hose, one attachment .... attach to only ONE machine. Unless you have decent blast gates and good hose attachment points that don't leak air.

Even then, close the blast gates to everything you aren't using! :)

TonyL

Thank you. Perhaps I did not use the right terminologoly ("dedicated").
My larger stationery Shop Fox has 6 feet of 4 inch hose between it and my 1221 -- it never goes anywhere else. My Rockler wall mount is 5 feet from my 1015. There is nothng but 4 inch hose between the DC and the lathe. At the end of each 4 inch hose is one of the clear acrylic "dust funnel contraptions" that using magnets to attach to the ways.

Is that the what you mean?

I also have a Rigid SV is spot clean and a large Jet air filer that is the center of the 12 x 15 shop.

I was thinking of something portable to roll behind my Rikon lathe that I use just for buffing, my grinder, and my drill press. They are all close to eachother. I may just go with another SF or larger Jet. I also changed all of the "bags" to the smaller micron versions. I think I am good, but wanted to improve.

Thanks for the direction.

Skie_M

That was directed more towards Mark, who has a dedicated unit that he's not happy with the performance of ... but it's also good general information to keep in mind! :)

Top Bottom