Rikon Band Saw - Page 3 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Shops, Jigs, Fixtures & Tools
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shops, Jigs, Fixtures & Tools Show off and discuss your workshop and everything in it.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2017, 09:10 AM   #21 (permalink)

Photos: 1

The new blade is working great. Straight cuts!
What kind of warranty does the Jet have? Rikon is 5 years.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:14 PM   #22 (permalink)

Photos: 4

Almost all of Jet's woodworking tools have a 5 yr non-commercial use warranty.
Talltim is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-09-2017, 09:37 PM   #23 (permalink)

Photos: 3

I did end up getting the band saw, it was on back order so I just picked it up yesterday. Coming from using a handheld jig saw to cut blanks, the band saw is worth every penny!
ghansen4 is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2017, 09:37 AM   #24 (permalink)

Photos: 0

I just bought a 10" WEN 2 speed with stand for 150.00 at a local warehouse outlet type store. Assembled it and was cutting in a hour. Square and blade bearings and tension were almost perfect right out of the box. Came with a fence and miter gauge. Used it to cut up 15 or so 5x5 square 3/4" Silmar 41 blanks down to pen blank size. Worked perfect' Blade cut straight, no wandering. It is to replace the pos Craftsman 10" bandsaw that has never ever worked properly.

For what its worth I will never buy another Craftsman tool ever. As mentioned before the tool may look identical to another brand and is made by the other company as well, HOWEVER craftsman will change a item or 2 so that the parts are not interchangeable. They also have contract exclusives for the parts. I had a very nice craftsman cordless drill that at the time I bought it was their top of the line. Couple years later the batteries cashed out and wouldn't take a charge. Called sears, nope no longer able to get betteries. Found out Bosch made the drill. Called Bosch, Yes they had them but NO they couldn't sell me one because of the contract with craftsman. So there I sat with 2 very expensive craftsman cordless drills that cost in excess of 250.00 total that sears would not order replacement batteries for and Bosch had but could not sell me. And yes the position of the metal contacts were off enough that Bosch's version would not fit. Have never bought another craftsman tool since. Have several different ones left but as they die or I decide to upgrade I DO NOT replace with a craftsman product
motorcyclemadman is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads