Rick Herrell does it again lathe attachment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi All,

Well I have been wanting a table for my lathe for when I am using my sanding disk for a long time. So I contacted Rick who sent me a quick sketch and of course I just said YES and this is the result of the master tool makers talent and ingenuity! Sorry it is sideways but you can tip your head or lay on your side if necessary. This think works great, contact Rick I bet he will put them in his catalog if he gets enough interest! Thank you so much Rick another awesome attachment for my lathe. I use most of Ricks stuff, many tools used for every pen!

1_IMG_1167.JPG

1_IMG_1168.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have the original one he made for me. That was made for me and Rick did an awesome job on it. I use his tool rest too! It is nice to be able to get things like this made by such a talented fabricator!

Nice and simple. I love Rick's offset sanding jig - it is a two-in-one tool. I use it for barrel trimming and as a disc sander.

I may have to order one of those as well.

Rolandranch

I need to order some stuff from him soon. I've heard a lot of good things about his tool rests.

It was nice meeting you last week at the show by the way.

Woodchipper

I made a sanding disk from a faceplate and built a box to mount on the lathe bed. I have an adjustable wood fence that I square with a Groz square. Then sand away! Had an old faceplate but it was way out of round. Junked it.

I used the same to make my disk. mounted a piece of plywood on it then use the lathe to turn it round. Added velcro and now I can just keep adding new disks to it! Love squaring my blanks with the offset jig Rick made.

I made a sanding disk from a faceplate and built a box to mount on the lathe bed. I have an adjustable wood fence that I square with a Groz square. Then sand away! Had an old faceplate but it was way out of round. Junked it.

Top Bottom