To remove or not remove that is my question.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
In reading the set up on the wolverine system it says to remove the rubber feet from the grinder and use them on the base. My base has rubber feet already. So should I still remove the feet or leave them on?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
In reading the set up on the wolverine system it says to remove the rubber feet from the grinder and use them on the base. My base has rubber feet already. So should I still remove the feet or leave them on?

I took mine off as the instructions said. I'm putting my grinder on a stand and won't be using the rubber feet at all.

I think what the instructions are getting at is to have the grinder sitting flat and solid on your base. The rubber feet on your base will allay any wobble you might have when your grinder is running.

duncsuss

I think what the instructions are getting at is to have the grinder sitting flat and solid on your base.

Exactly. The grinder and the Wolverine jig should both be attached directly to the same base. That way, if one of them vibrates the other vibrates with it.

Putting rubber feet in between the grinder and the platform to which the jig is attached is asking for chatter.

What you put the other side of that platform is your business -- mine is bolted directly to a stand on a wheeled base.

flyitfast

There might be a spacing issue. The height of the accessories needs to be at a certain height in relation to the grinder. I bolted my grinder to the same base as the accessory is attached to. I believe that is described in the instructions (I can't find mine, naturally!!)
That is the main thing I can think of.
gordon

Last edited:

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks for the help, I'll have to check the measurements when I get home to see if the spacing will be right without the feet. I'm hoping to have it all setup by the weekend.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks for the help, I'll have to check the measurements when I get home to see if the spacing will be right without the feet. I'm hoping to have it all setup by the weekend.
Remove the feet no matter. The crucial measurement is the centre of the grinder wheel s/b 6" - 6½" from the base. If it's lower than that build up with some plywood etc. I had to provide 1" to bring mine up to that measurement.

This is a pic (not my grinder etc. but identical to mine) of the wolverine in it's proper position!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Don Kondra 2.jpg
    Don Kondra 2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 631

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I just about have the grinder and wolverine all set up. I need to get two more nut for the bolts to mount the grinder the ones I picked up were the wrong size even though they were in the right size bin, I didn't check the fit as I should have. Oh I did remove the feet.

LeeR

Must be "Wolverine Week". I've seen several posts on other forums about the Wolverine jig.

I just received mine the other day, and anxious to get it set up. I'll definitely need a riser block -- I currently have a Delta 6" grinder. I'd like to upgrade to an 8" grinder, at least with slow speed, and maybe variable. And long term I'd really like to go with CBN wheels.

If you haven't checked them out, visit d-Way Tools and watch the videos. Dave has some nice looking lathe tools as well. I prefer to make my own tool handles, and he sells his unhandled, as well as handled.

Diamond Grinding Wheels | CBN Grinding Wheels | Diamond Sharpening Wheels

Charlie_W

Dan, one of your first tasks will be adjusting/ trueing up the wheels so it runs as smooth as possible.
I loosened and moved one of my wheels 3 or 4 times to get it running as true as possible before taking the diamond dressing tool to it. Now it runs very smooth with the stock wheels!
CBN wheels will be in my future.

Top Bottom