Really Really BIG chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lorbay

Anyone else bought one of these yet. Just got mine today and I must say it is a beauty. Here it is beside an ER32 collet and chuck. Oh and I took out a second mortgage on the house for it. I should have maybe thought about the exchange and shipping a little more.
$325.00 Canadian to my door. Ouch.

Chuck and collets $179.00 US
Shipping $55.00 US
BC taxes and handling $35.00 Can

Comes to $325.00 Can

Lin.

Attachments

• IMG_04141.JPG
    IMG_04141.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 330
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rich L

ER40 or 50?? I use a 40 on several pieces of equipment. It's more versatile than ER32 (bigger useful range). I have ER40 chucks mounted on flanges, tapers, and cylindrical shanks depending on what they get mounted to.

Charlie69

Very nice, I've been wanting a bigger collet chuck than the ER-32s that I have but for now I'll have to get by with pin jaws.

BSea

How many collets did you get? I've considered something like that, but I recently bought a 13/16 ER32 collet so I can grip pen blanks coming from PVC without having to turn them slightly to fit a 20mm collet. That pretty much covers me for pen turning, and smaller things, but I might have to step up to something like this for larger items.

Do you have a link from where you bought it?

lorbay

ER40 or 50?? I use a 40 on several pieces of equipment. It's more versatile than ER32 (bigger useful range). I have ER40 chucks mounted on flanges, tapers, and cylindrical shanks depending on what they get mounted to.
Its an ER50 and comes with 4 collets. Beall was the only ones that have it right now. But I am sure there suppliers will have them in soon.

Lin.

duncsuss

... I recently bought a 13/16 ER32 collet so I can grip pen blanks coming from PVC without having to turn them slightly to fit a 20mm collet ...

I got the regular set of metric ER32 collets, 3mm - 20mm, but like you found that there were some blanks that didn't quite fit into 20mm.

Then I found a 21mm collet on eBay -- it works for all but the truly oversized rods :)

This ER50 chuck might be on my shopping list at some point ... toys, toys, toys ... :biggrin:

Top Bottom