Pen Turner's Bible, wow

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RobS

So I picked up the Pen Turner's Bible and wow, what a great read. I saw that most of the threads on this book were from 2012, so I figured it would be ok to start a new thread for us rookies. I have not read it all yet but I must say bravo, every time I go to read it, some one grabs it from me to check it out.

My only complaints are now I want to buy a "Pen Wizard", Beal Chuck, and a Pental Pencil rig (A Perfect Mandrel, Step Drill, Bushing and Nuts Combo Package http://theperfectcollection.com/products.php?cat=2) and bug the machine shop if I can have access to their metal lathe.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

That title looks familiar. So, I looked in my Amazon order history, and sure enough I bought it on September 3, 2012.
Now, all I have to do is find it & read it. :rolleyes:

RobS

Hide your credit cards before you do read it, or you'll be running to get new tools and toys.

Herb G

What would be super cool is if the Pen Wizard came in an adjustable size, so you could engrave pepper mills, salt mills, stuff like that.

Can you imagine a pepper mill made out of Leopard wood or Bocote, with the squiggle design engraved in it? Something to show off the grain and color contrasts?
You could corner the market for pepper mills at wood shows with a tool like that.

BTW, I found my book last night. I started looking thru it.
I also found a bunch of other books I bought that year for woodworking.

:)

KBs Pensnmore

Why not make your mills to suit the wizard or turn your mill and then set it up with tenons so that they can be joined up again inline with the pattern on it that you want. You could even put different colors of timber to break it up and disguise the join.
Just a matter of thinking outside the square.
Kryn

Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
The author, Richard Kleinhenz, is a member here; [profile]scubaman[/profile], but has not been active for a while. He's also the founder of the Yahoo Penturners group and the Penmakers Guild. He and Pat Lawson run a pen store worth checking out. Coincidentally, Rich lives just a mile from my mother in Wappingers Falls, NY, but I've never met him.

Top Bottom