Pen Sanding for Removing Excess CA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hey All

Some time ago, I saw someone on here selling a pen sanding mill with different size inserts. I've looked for it since but can't find it.

I need something to remove excess CA Glue on the end of my finished pen segments before assembly.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

"Pen Turning on the Rock"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Marc,

With all respect, I suggest it is better to refine your CA application technique and skills to minimize the excess CA near the blank ends. . I have made "bushings" (for lack of a better word) from PTFE/Delrin which are smaller in diameter than the target end diameter of the barrel. . I overturn the barrel ends so they are about 0.004" smaller than the target diameter. . I sand lightly incrementally ... that is, after each 2 applications of CA. . Have found that this works for me in avoiding a "large" buildup of CA and keeping the sanding manageable.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Hank,

Which of Rick's offerings are you referring to, please ... perhaps the "sanding mill" ? . Thanks

The link is to all of Rick's offerings. Scroll About 2/3 down the page and you will see the sanding mill 2.0 and below that are the tubes at $5 each or a set of 17 for $50.

I have the version 1.0 and still use it.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks everyone!

(I don't get much CA leftover on the edges these days but when I do it's a pain to remove flush.)

"Pen Turning on the Rock"

Woodchipper

I take the blank off after the CA has set for a couple of minutes and gently rub the ends in a figure pattern 8 pattern to smooth out any extra glue. As mentioned, examine your application method. I use the HDPE DIY bushings for turning now.

Top Bottom