Pen Parts Storage and Cookie Sheets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

Thought I'd share a shot of a new shelf I built to go with an older on that was given to me. I made it the same height and depth, but made it wider to hold both more as well as accommodate sliding cookie sheets for storage of pen blanks. Sides are 1x12 pine and 7 ft tall. Width inside is 19 inches which holds 11in. x 17in. baking sheets perfectly.

This makes it quite easy to slide the various sheets out to seek out that perfect blank for the next pen project!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

HamTurns

Nicely done.

Nicely done.

I like the efficient use of space, there's no sense in having airspace.

And you can put tons of stuff on the sheets and easily pull them out and put them on the bench to view or organize.

Tom

markgum

excellent. Thanks for sharing. I wonder if SWMBO will notice :eek: the cookie sheets missing from the kitchen. Wait.. that means no cookies for me :eek: :frown: ... man,, I better go find a bunch of cookie sheets..:rolleyes:

Haynie

Honey I was going to make some cookies for the ladies at church. Have you seen the cookie sheets?

uhhhhhh...nope.

Cool idea.

76winger

Man that is one sweet setup Dave. I like it. Wish I had the room in my shop for that.
Lin.

I saw a couple mentions about shop space, and that's one nice thing about this shelf. It only takes up about 20 inches by 14 inches of floor space. just a little over 1.5 sq. ft. The original one, next to it, is only 14 x 14 roughly.

Scruffy

I will say...

..it looks a heck of a lot better than the old USPS boxes I have stacked on 2x4s. :)

Alan

Leviblue

Local Chapter Leader
I like the blank on the seventh shelf down second from the left :biggrin:

Nice organization! The blank I always want is on the bottom of my stacks. Go figure.

76winger

Close up shots

A fellow member asked for some close up shots to see more of how I made this shelf, so here's some additional shots of the unit.

Click a couple times if you want larger views.

To the right you can see the original one that gave inspiration for this one. I didn't make it, A friend literally got it from someone's trash, he didn't want it and was going to burn it up but I thought it might come in handy, and it has!

The sides and shelves were all made from 1 x 12 pine boards that I'd had down in the basement for a decade or two so I finally put them to use. I also used cut offs of the 1 x 12s to rip 3/4" squares to mad the slides for the backing sheets to rest on. Finally the back was made from 1/4" Luan sheet left over from a room remodel.

All joints were glued and screwed on the outer edges, with brad nails to hold the middle. The back was just brad nailed into place.

Enjoy!

healeydays

So I was planning to make one of these racks, but yesterday I happened to be at an electronic surplus store looking for a couple goodies for a project I am working on, and over in the corner I noticed he had computer room server storage racks with shelves for $50.

The racks are 19" wide by 36" deep and the shelves are adjustable and the best part is it has cooling fans on the top, so I'm going to mount my curing oven on the top.

This isn't the actual picture, but you can get the idea.

Mike B

Attachments

• storage rack.jpg
    storage rack.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 100
Top Bottom