Pen organization while working

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jdubfudge

I picked up these two trays at Target today to have better organization of my kits while working. The gray tray is to hold bushings, micromesh pads and what not. It was at the cheap seasonal sections near the entrance. The other tray is meant to hold kits and is a microwave bacon tray. It cost about 7 bucks.

I'm always getting frustrated wondering where I put the little baggies for bushings and what not. I think this will help.

abec77854bba9afd6ac7b46adbff4c0d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
How do you get the bacon grease off the pens?

You don't; that is what keeps them shiny. :biggrin:

Back to seriousness: I bought the microwave bacon cooker for the purpose of laying out pens once. LOML saw it when I brought it home and I never did buy another just for me. I do keep trays handy for keeping parts in when assembling and disassembling pens as well as other objects.

Mr Vic

I've got a couple of the bacon trays and thinking of screwing or gluing to a piece of plywood as they have a bit of a warp. Hey they were only a buck a piece at the Dollar Tree. Bought them for disassembly and cleaning of fountain pens.

Also picked up a couple for the wife and bacon. :laugh:

Skie_M

So which of them enjoy it more ... the wife or the bacon?

Anywho, I'm gonna have to find some of those myself. Sounds like a decently cheap alternative to running down to Jo-Anne's Fabrics to grab the plastic backed flocked bracelet display trays for around 3 bucks apiece... And I can just flock them with cheap felt so as not to scratch anything up.

Herb G

Why is it (in general) that turners always find alternative uses for everyday mundane objects? :biggrin:

That's actually a good idea. I bet it's great for glue up work on blanks.
I'll have to remember that one next time I'm at at big box store.

Top Bottom