Paul Huffman Pen Vise

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darley

Paul received the vice today, is she awesome[:D]!!, I think this Sunday I will make her runing red hot, not much kits to turn now but will cut and drill blanks [:p] Thank you very much, did you sell any to Downunder before or I'm the first one?

airrat

After ordering Paul's vise and wondering if I made a mistake while waiting for it to come in. I mounted (only did 3 of the 4 screws due to the one being very close to the handle)it per the instructions.. Put a cheap blank in and drilled. I never looked back. Needless to say I took the one I bought from woodcrafters out for its final burial the next day. Man what a .45 does to it. [:p]

alamocdc

I can now also attest to the accuracy of the PHD vise. I had been using a machinists vise with v-notched inserts. I ruined or nearly ruined more blanks than I care to admit and wound up doing my critical drilling on the lathe. No more. The only problems I have now are due to the squareness (or lack thereof) of my ryobi benchtop DP and I'm working on that. Thanks, Paul!

My complaining worked! The mail lady brought my vise yesterday [:p]. It lives up to all the praises that have been said about it in the previous posts. If you can get on Paul's list for his next batch, do so - you won't be sorry.[:)]

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by ccarse
<br />Is the vise made of aluminum or steel? Just curious, thanks.

Both. The angle supports and jaws are aluminum. The screw is steel, the guide rods (which run in bronze bushings)are polished and grounds steel, handle is cast iron. I have thought about making an all steel version, or one with cast iron jaws, but....

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Johnathan
<br />Is there a time frame in which you think I'll have one of your vices?[8D]
I've known Paul for about a year and a half and I think I have ALL of his vices (and then some). I also have one of his vises. [8D]

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by DCBluesman
I've known Paul for about a year and a half and I think I have ALL of his vices (and then some). I also have one of his vises. [8D]
[/quote]

Hey Lou, didn't you and Paul used to do a show together from MIAMI VICE?

-Peter-[:D]

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
The beauty of having both jaws move at the same time is that the jig is self centering. Once you mount it and set it up, it doesn't matter if you are drilling 1/2" stock for slimlines or 1" stock for a Panache...or anything in between. [8D]

And yes, Peter...Paul and I worked in Miami for a while under the names "Desmond and Molly". But that's another story all together. [:p]

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />The beauty of having both jaws move at the same time is that the jig is self centering. Once you mount it and set it up, it doesn't matter if you are drilling 1/2" stock for slimlines or 1" stock for a Panache...or anything in between. [8D]

And yes, Peter...Paul and I worked in Miami for a while under the names "Desmond and Molly". But that's another story all together. [:p]
Was that the 'other' Miami Vise [:p]
Update-- My job is trying to take over what spare time I have again, so the going will be a little slower(than usual!) Plus my suppliers are getting too busy for the 'little guy' lately, but I will keep plugging along. Thanks to all for your patience.

Radman

Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />Mine showed up today to!![:D]

I've had mine for a few weeks and must say... Wow! Really makes a not so fun part of pen making much easier, accurate and productive. Thanks so much Paul![:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Hi Paul,
Got my vice this afternoon, it is now set up and have done some testing. It sure is amazing that I can go from 3/4" sq. to 1X 1" sq. and not have to fuss around to make sure I hit the center. That is a amazing littel vice. I like it thanks.
Just Charlie & Betsy

epson

Paul received my vise today. I was so pleased with the sturdyness of it. I am looking foward to drilling my bottle stopper blanks with it. I put a 2 inch square bottle stopper blank in the jaws, and it held it tight. The design is just so well thought out. I will have to make a nice mounting board for the vise, because a plain MDF just won't do.

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by recon
<br />Paul,
How long until you make te next set of vices? I need to save up the money so if you could give me a apprximate month.

Thanks

Chuck

Send me an e-mail and I will add you to the list. I am waiting for one for set of parts next week and will begin assembly. (come t othink of it, aren't you already on the list?)

TBone

Sounds like lots of joy tears will be flowing. Hoping I've made it down inside of #100. Waiting patiently but it's not easy with all the anticipation from the comments you guys keep making about how I won't need sliced bread any more [:D]

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by kenwc
<br />&lt;--- Where am I in the pecking order???

About #40. So far, I will have enough for the whole list. If I can stay after the assembly proccess, I hope to be through it n 4-6 weeks max! Thanks to all for your continued patience.

steve542

Paul,

Where am I in the order for a vise. Will I make the next group that you assmeble? Please advise Steve 542 in Atlanta

RWL5420

Paul
Are you still making the vise ? If you would let me know how many are in the list at this time waiting I would appreciate it.
Thank you
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom