Pantograph or engraver question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sailing_away

I am considering designing a home made pantograph to be able to engrave on pens and possibly inlay. I have seen a few posts and the occasional picture. I am very fortunate to have access to a real nice machine shop. Does anyone have any nice pictures or recommendations?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wood-of-1kind

I am considering designing a home made pantograph to be able to engrave on pens and possibly inlay. I have seen a few posts and the occasional picture. I am very fortunate to have access to a real nice machine shop. Does anyone have any nice pictures or recommendations?

SKIPRAT (Steven) has built one and has some pics in his photo album(or at least he had some on old IAP forum). Give him a shout.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I got a couple of emails today asking for the same thing.
I'm still struggling through this new site and I honestly don't know if I have an album or not. I did have several pics and a couple of diagrams on my last pantogragh in my album. I wasn't worried about saving any pen pics from my old album, but now I think these were the only ones I had of the pantogragh.
When I get home this weekend, I'll check on my home PC and see if I still have the pics and attempt to start a new album. If I can't figure it out, then I'll just post the pics on my own site for a while.

I appreciate the need for the site to be updated, but I really can't get my head around the new format and find it very difficult to use. :confused:
But then I'm pretty thick to start with:redface:

I got a couple of emails today asking for the same thing.
I did have several pics and a couple of diagrams on my last pantogragh in my album. I wasn't worried about saving any pen pics from my old album, but now I think these were the only ones I had of the pantogragh.

Hey Skiprat, here's a couple of those pics of your 'pantogragh', I think the drawings are in your 'new' album' as well:wink:

Attachments

• 1_Pantogragh_Engraver.jpg
    1_Pantogragh_Engraver.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 4,631
  • 1_Pantogragh_Engraver1.jpg
    1_Pantogragh_Engraver1.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 3,654
Top Bottom