Overkill chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tonylumps

Shortly after I started turning Pens I used the lathe to drill my Blanks.A G3 Chuck and Pen jaws worked great Than I was comparing it to a Drill press and Pen vise.well the more Pens I turned the more critical I got So here comes the Vicmark 120 and Pen jaws Big and beautiful piece steel I love it.Then I started to look for more acc. for the Vicmark and found another Chuck that looked nice.A Record Chuck that is really a rebadged G3 So I bought it.The jaw clamps are thicker nicely machined The pen jaws are the same as the G3 but I bought a set anyway. Very accurate set up plus all of the G3 jaws fit It is nice to drill blanks now.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tonylumps

So now 3 chucks, each with a set of pen jaws? Is there another lathe or two in your future?

Actually I have 2 Lathes and a Penpal.But what I really had in mind was dedicated chucks.I have heard of turners with as many as 7 chucks.With the money I spent I could have bought the Easy cuck system.But did not know if it had any play in the contact area of Jaws and chuck.My search was for accurate blank drilling.

Robert Taylor

So now 3 chucks, each with a set of pen jaws? Is there another lathe or two in your future?

Actually I have 2 Lathes and a Penpal.But what I really had in mind was dedicated chucks.I have heard of turners with as many as 7 chucks.With the money I spent I could have bought the Easy cuck system.But did not know if it had any play in the contact area of Jaws and chuck.My search was for accurate blank drilling.

Hi, I'm Bob.I have 23 nova chucks. Guess that beats the previous max. Lol
I rarely change jaws.

Top Bottom