Out with the old, in with the new!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Noot17

Since I started turning two years ago I've been using the HF 10x18 lathe. It gets the job done, but it was time to upgrade as I've been doing more bowls and larger turnings. I also really wanted variable speed.

So I just set up my new Laguna 1216 today and it is amazing! It's super quiet, very high quality over all, and is still small enough for the bench top, which is great for my shop.

If you've been looking to upgrade your bench top lathe, I highly recommend the Laguna.

IMG_4027.JPG
IMG_4028.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Beautiful machine !!

But your shop leaves a lot to be desired ... like, it's too darn neat and tidy !!!!

Noot17

It's now covered in shavings from a bowl of if that helps, Mal. The new lathe gave me a reason to reorganize too.

Danny - I haven't used it much, but if you have any questions I'll gladly answer. With the extension you can get for this, I really can't think of anything that would make this lathe better, except maybe a broader range on the high speed belt setting so I can do pens without switching. I still may be able to, but have been wanting to try applying the CA at slower speeds. The high range is 650 to 3500, which is still slower than my other, so we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

JimB

Congrats on the new toy. I haven't had a chance to turn on one of those yet but have used the Laguna 1836 which is a very nice lathe. If that is any indication you have a very nice midi lathe!

More4dan

It's now covered in shavings from a bowl of if that helps, Mal. The new lathe gave me a reason to reorganize too.

Danny - I haven't used it much, but if you have any questions I'll gladly answer. With the extension you can get for this, I really can't think of anything that would make this lathe better, except maybe a broader range on the high speed belt setting so I can do pens without switching. I still may be able to, but have been wanting to try applying the CA at slower speeds. The high range is 650 to 3500, which is still slower than my other, so we'll see.

The variable speed control on the Laguna is suppose to have much better low speed torque than the other brands that use a lower voltage to slow down the lathe. It's a big differentiator for this model. Thanks for the offer to answer questions.

Danny

Top Bottom