Opinions on the Delta wet/dry tool sharpening syst

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

angboy

Can anyone who had the Delta wet/dry tool sharpening system please let me know what you think of it? I can't afford the Tormek, but in a class at Woodcraft I took this weekend, they said it would probably be the best for the least amount of money. But when I look at amazon, the reviews there are mediocre at best. What do people think? Thanks!

slincoln

Greetings ...

We have the Delta sharpening system and its "OK". I can get a decent edge on a tool but this isn't Delta's best work. The drip system is flimsy and temperamental, the tool rests are awkward and tend to drift out of adjustment, the wet stone is usless (replaced ours within the first month). I wouldn't buy it again.

Disclaimer: Our tool is 4 to 5 years old, not sure if Delta has made any improvements.

Scott

(edit: it's late and I need a spel chekker)

vick

Let me just say that I looked into this and a couple of other similiar things and research told me that the majority (I know loaded word)of wood turners use a slow speed bench grinder to sharpen their tools.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
For lathe tools I think your better off with the Woodcraft slow speed grinder that comes with the white wheels for about $89.00 and buying a Wolverine system or another similar sharpening jig... I believe that someone said the PSI just came out with a Wolverine clone... but I have never been turned on by PSI's tools.. that is just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom