Old school 'branding'

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

It won't fit on a pen but check this out... Old school torch fired branding iron. The craftsmanship on this is fantastic. I requested it without a handle so I could turn my own.

Attachments

• image-342334556.jpg
    image-342334556.jpg
    477 KB · Views: 252
  • image-2115540642.jpg
    image-2115540642.jpg
    604.6 KB · Views: 228
  • image-2836526941.jpg
    image-2836526941.jpg
    610.1 KB · Views: 330
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sappheiros

Looks great! I was thinking of going that route myself! I've seen ones that simply plug into an outlet and are ready for action. How do you like it?

Dan Masshardt

Looks great! I was thinking of going that route myself! I've seen ones that simply plug into an outlet and are ready for action. How do you like it?

Just got it. I'll report back after use. Rockler has an electric one too but no custom graphics like this. No know there are companies that will do one custom with electric but at probably quite a bit more $$.

30 seconds of heat for 3 or 4 stamps isn't a big hassle. And it's cordless. ;-)

Dan Masshardt

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I like that Dan. For anyone selling flatwork or bowls that will allow the engraving, it looks very professional.

Do you supplement this with a date/signature/species? As a buyer, I would love for that underneath/around as well.

Sappheiros

It's customized with your name but not a logo / graphic.

Ah, gotcha. The ones I've spied on etsy will add graphics. I think that's the route I will take. Yours is looking great!

Do you supplement this with a date/signature/species? As a buyer, I would love for that underneath/around as well.

I've thought about a burnishing tool to sign/date, but I've also found an attachment to the logo burners that allows you to arrange lettering yourself which would work well with that! My handwriting is quite pitiful, I sadly admit. People have asked me if I'm a doctor... Don't enjoy those jokes much.

jttheclockman

There are standard branding irons out there that all you need to do is send them your autograph and they will incorporate it in their iron. In the back of many woodworking magazines you will see ads for these all the time. Rockler and others have them too. Here is mine I use on just about all projects that there is room for it.

Dan Masshardt

There are standard branding irons out there that all you need to do is send them your autograph and they will incorporate it in their iron. In the back of many woodworking magazines you will see ads for these all the time. Rockler and others have them too. Here is mine I use on just about all projects that there is room for it. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JTTHECLOCKMAN/media/IMGP0485.jpg.html http://smg.photobucket.com/user/JTTHECLOCKMAN/media/IMGP0540.jpg.html
That's cool - it's kind of like the rockler one only with your signature instead of block lettering.

Dan Masshardt

In looking around at different ones on etsy etc, it seems that there are different metals that these are sold in. I'm told that aluminum will have the least long term durability. Many are made from brass which has more durability (and expense).

Mine is steel.

Top Bottom