Nova vs. Jet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Thank you both. As silly as this sounds..if Jet offered the 15% off, I would have picked up another 1221. . I actually wrote to Jet and told them that I believe they made a mistake by not offer the extra 5%.

I was going to give a retailer cash to help them avoid the credit card charges, but something stopped me from asking. Oh well...I can wait. I know there's room in their m/u; another reputable retailer offered to sell me the 1221 for 10% and eat the $125 in shipping. He said I would save the sales tax..but legally it is supposed to be paid by the final consumer if not collected by the seller.

Thanks again guys!

jttheclockman

Thank you both. As silly as this sounds..if Jet offered the 15% off, I would have picked up another 1221. . I actually wrote to Jet and told them that I believe they made a mistake by not offer the extra 5%.

I was going to give a retailer cash to help them avoid the credit card charges, but something stopped me from asking. Oh well...I can wait. I know there's room in their m/u; another reputable retailer offered to sell me the 1221 for 10% and eat the $125 in shipping. He said I would save the sales tax..but legally it is supposed to be paid by the final consumer if not collected by the seller.

Thanks again guys!

Yea right. Make sure you pay:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: It is just a matter of time all taxes will be collected per state. Tax on a tax is that not allowed????:biggrin::biggrin:

jet does offer 15% during the year but I think it is around Dec. Memory is not what it use to be.

oldtoolsniper

Make sure you ask for any discounts, Military/Veteran if one, AARP if you qualify, etc.. Woodcraft gave me 15% for signing up for Email sales flyers the first time.

When I bought my 1221 last week I got 10% from the Jet Sale and 10% from Home Depot for being retired Military. I had to drive to the lathe but shipping them from Amazon twice was a failure, they were destroyed.

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited:

Marmotjr

I'm surprised that Amazon dropped the ball on their shipping. I've almost never had anything come destroyed from Amazon itself, and when I have, they have refunded and replaced the item immediately. Now a lathe I doubt they would give away for free, but they would definitely knock some off the cost, and pay for the return shipping on the defective one. I would assume it was shipped from a 3rd party supplier rather than amazon themselves. I order about a dozen items a month from them, and it's very worthwhile for me to use the prime shipping, as I got my dewalt 735 planer there for free shipping and 40% off.

Top Bottom