Nikon Variable speed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tonylumps

For anyone thinking about installing Variable speed on a Rikon 70-100 the PSI kit is Plug and Play No drilling and the mounting plate that came with the kit bolts right up The pully on the Rikon motor will not fit the shaft on the VS motor So you will have to adjust the position on the 3X pully to what ever RPM you will need.I did not mount the control box yet still looking for a good place to locate it. I did turn a blank and it works good Now how long it will last is another question.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
I added the PSI VS to my Rikon back in 2008. Still works but the PSI motor has much less power than the Original Equipment Rikon. Not a problem for pens but if one wishes to turn full sized 10" bowls, there will be a noticeable decrease in power.

Bikerdad

Why would you add variable speed to a Nikon? Don't most of them already come with multiple aperature speeds, f-stops, exposure modes, etc?

Check your thread title....

:tongue:

Skie_M

Sheesh ... all you young whippersnappers need to step back and make like a lamp post so I can take your pictures ....

Ok ... now hold still for 5 minutes! *takes the postcard off the cover of a shoebox camera*

Top Bottom