New Toy!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Brought it home Thursday. Went back and forth between this lathe and a Jet 1221VS. This one won out in the end for three reasons:

1 Years ago I asked a technician who serviced all brands of lathes which one he considered to be the best. Without hesitation he answered Rikon.

2. 15% off.

3. Rikon's support of the Midwest Penturners Gathering (MPG). Rikon has donated a lathe to the MPG two years running. This year they threw in a slow speed grinder as well. I like being able to support those who support us. :)

Attachments

• Rikon.jpg
    Rikon.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 401
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Last month when Jason and I helped Magicbob at the Hartville show this was the lathe they provided us with. It was GREAT! If I needed to buy another, I would not hesitate to buy this.

I too just bought one of these beasts a couple weeks ago when they were 15% off, and I do love it. I researched a lot on here before buying it, and I am confident this lathe will last me a long time. Its so smooth and quiet and everything was adjusted dead on right from the box. I designed and built my own stand for mine , I couldn't see spending that much money for the stand they offered, but it looks like you've got a nice place to put yours!

TonyL

Enjoy! I love my smaller Rikon; but bought another 1221 today - 15% off.
If I wasn't so hung-up in the belt rpm intervals, I would but more Rikons. Their support is also excellent. Many happy turnings!

Top Bottom