New shop tool

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

C_Ludwigsen

Man, I just got the best new tool for my shop...

This summer heat had me sulking and avoiding the shop. But no more. SWMBO found me an 8000 BTU room air conditioner (window kind) for a great price. I cut the hole and slipped it in this evening. SWEEEET. Place was significantly cooler in minutes.

This thing will come in quite handy the rest of this summer and in years to come.

Sorry for the gloat. But this was a sorely needed improvement.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

It makes a huge difference. I had a shop in Florida with no AC and it was miserable. The concrete building would continue to radiate heat well after the sun went down. I now have the shop in my basement with AC and I get uncomfortable when it's set above 72.[:D] Spoilage ain't pretty.

ryannmphs

congrats man,
Wish I coulda came over to help, but I'm not feeling too hot (actually, I am too hot, 101.3F) today and last night. This really sucks, this beautiful weather finally and I can't see strait enought to turn any thing [:(].

Oh well, hopefully I will be better by Monday!

Ryan

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />I'm with you, Frank. I didn't know there was such a thing as an A/C'd shop. I have a fan though. [:p]

I was really just getting in a good-natured jab. My shop is part of the walk-out basement of our house. In summer, it stays naturally cool and if need be, and I'm not making too much dust, I can open a door to the rest of the a/c'd house. But, frequently, even on real hot days, I will open the one-car garage door at the end and let the heat in and just sweat. Use fans of course. I don't mind the heat but am careful to always drink plenty of water.

alamocdc

Well, I can dream. When I move back to God's Country (Texas, of course!), I will buy a place with a real shop and if it doesn't have an A/C, I'll put one in. Now I have no idea how soon that may be, but like I said... I can dream. [:D]

C_Ludwigsen

Ya gots to have a dream [:p]. Got more turning done this weekend than in the last 2 weeks. Fair warning - getting an AC unit leads straight to wanting insulation and drywall [:0]. lol.

Doghouse

My shop already has the dry wall. I just removed the frosted glass window and replaced it with a painted sheet of Ply. Cut a hole for a portable AC unit. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

I can completely agree that AC makes a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom